No announcement yet.

A Phoronix Alumnus Is Trying To Land His Dream Job At Red Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats and good luck in the selection!

Comment

Fedora Community Action and Impact Lead is a full-time, Red Hat-employed job to lead initiatives to grow the Fedora user and developer communities, and to make Red Hat / Fedora interactions even more transparent and positive. The Fedora community budget comes to us through The Red Hat Open Source and Standards (OSAS) team, and this position facilitates decision-making on how to best focus that to meet our collective objectives. First and Foremost, the FCL supports the Project_Leader in all things "Community," and works directly with Fedora Leadership to help bring more Heat and Light to the project.
      Sounds like the job of my nightmares, but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I don't see what's unfortunate about that, if he lands a job at RedHat instead
        Because if I had a second writer I would be a lot more relaxed/less-burnt-out, more quality articles, etc etc. But yes happy for Eric if he gets this job at Red Hat.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Because if I had a second writer I would be a lot more relaxed/less-burnt-out, more quality articles, etc etc. But yes happy for Eric if he gets this job at Red Hat.
          Eh, I was just messing with you. Maybe you know the joke about one guy that tried to get hired as a janitor at Microsoft and was rejected because he couldn't provide an email address for contact? That's what I was going for

Comment

Congrats and good luck Eric .
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Good luck, Eric. I hope to still see you around here though.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Because if I had a second writer I would be a lot more relaxed/less-burnt-out, more quality articles, etc etc.
              Not sure if I mentioned this before, but maybe it would be within your interest to give people free premium subscriptions to write X amount of articles for you per week. Give them a collection of sources that you frequently refer to. That way, you can be left with just benchmarking (which seems to be mostly automated at this point anyway) and anything obscure that someone brought to your attention (such as this article about Eric).

Comment

Originally posted by lgrootnoob View Post
                Tell Eric to 'do something' about Poettering when he gets there (wink)
                Some day RHs internal mailing list will leak and you will see that "what has LP | KS done now" is fairly frequent topic there.
                People working at RH are real people with real opinions, just saying. Good luck getting your red fedora.

Comment

Good luck Ericg! I'm sure you'll be a great community leader.

Comment

Good luck, from someone who has gone through the process, it's an amazing place to work! Hope the process goes well! Also great to see more people working on fedora, it would be awesome to see it get more focus from both RH and the community

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000
                      Fedora? I was hoping something like Apple Google or Microsoft. This is like getting a job at mcdonald's.
                      Both Red Hat and McDonalds are billion dollar companies. RH is also deeply involved and one of the major contributors to OSS, so there's a cool factor to add to a solid company.
                      I'd rather work for RH than Apple or Microsoft. Only Google would be more exciting to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X