Building A Massive L-Shaped Desk For A Better Workflow, More Monitors & Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

See my earlier comment in this thread when someone else tried to recommend it... Doesn't sound like it'd work at all for my purposes.
    Well it obviously doesn't work on all the operating systems, and it may depend on you having an active graphics stack, but as long as you're running say linux, macos or windows on graphics then you should be able to make quite some use of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Well it obviously doesn't work on all the operating systems, and it may depend on you having an active graphics stack, but as long as you're running say linux, macos or windows on graphics then you should be able to make quite some use of it.
      But with how often I reload OSes, also test BSDs, need to change settings in GRUB, need to change settings in BIOS, VT switch, etc, it sounds like it would be more hassle than what it's worth with still having to manually reconnect keyboards... And after all, I don't have any issue with having multiple keyboards on my desk.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great!

Thank you for posting articles about buildings!

Comment

you have any plans made up for download?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

But with how often I reload OSes, also test BSDs, need to change settings in GRUB, need to change settings in BIOS, VT switch, etc, it sounds like it would be more hassle than what it's worth with still having to manually reconnect keyboards... And after all, I don't have any issue with having multiple keyboards on my desk.
            I can attest to this. Synergy is great if you have a few machines that never change OSes, and if you don't play games. But for what you do, or even a OS hobbyist and casual gamer like me, it becomes utterly useless. Many games don't work well with it; Minecraft is a great example. Even if you don't have any other machines running Synergy to switch to, just having it running in the background sends your mouse into a spinning frenzy. It has also affected me playing Rust, causing me to "head look" rather than "mouse look". And as several of my systems are re-imaged with different OSes every few days, Synergy doesn't stick around long enough on them to be worth the trouble.

All that said, I did buy a copy since I got a lot of use out of it back when I had a Macbook Air set up as a second workstation.

Comment

Working...
            X