Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The Holidays, Here's Another Special Deal For Supporting Linux Hardware Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Holidays, Here's Another Special Deal For Supporting Linux Hardware Testing

Phoronix: For The Holidays, Here's Another Special Deal For Supporting Linux Hardware Testing

Whether you are celebrating Christmas, another holiday, or no holiday at all this month, I've decided to run another compelling deal for Phoronix Premium in encouraging more users to try out our ad-free, single-page-article viewing experience while supporting the site and all of the Linux hardware testing operations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Happy Holidays fellow webmaster.

Seriously though, look up Patreon, it changed everything for us. You don't have to rush anything out, you don't need to do any clickbait and more as no matter what you get the money.

Personally I won't be buying premium due to the constant requests for money (it really grates on me and I visit less and less due to it), but I would easily and happily sub to a Patreon if you had one and stopped repeatedly harking on about it

Comment

Donated for the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by gsedej View Post
        Donated for the first time!
        Thanks for your support!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I reckon even at minimum working wage, not seeing adverts pays for itself in the tiny but many slices of time saved.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
            I reckon even at minimum working wage, not seeing adverts pays for itself in the tiny but many slices of time saved.
            Too bad well less than 1% of people subscribe.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

I believe there are ways to block content for those that have ad-blocker. That is something worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by adila01 View Post
                I believe there are ways to block content for those that have ad-blocker. That is something worth looking into.
                Yes, today/tomorrow on the site there is a "holiday message" that pops up for ad-blockers.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Shame to admit but this is the first time I've donated to phoronix, after lurking around for several years. Now that I finally have a forum account, I can mention that when visiting the website using mobile Firefox, with AdBlock disabled, I have never seen even a single ad since the introduction of mobile version of the site. This may be something you'd like to look into, Michael.

Comment

I just wishing Michael and girlfriend a very happy Christmas, I hope you take a break and have some quality time with each other. And good luck in the new year.

Comment

Working...
                    X