The Basement Server Room Cooling Solution Continues To Yield Free Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post

You know that if he didn't have that equipment, he wouldn't be able to run this site or do automated benchmarking...
    Indeed, and that most of the computer components are free as review samples I've collected over the years.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
      What's interesting to me is that this guy constantly complains that he doesn't get enough money but he is stuffed full of expensive equipment.
      Even in Europe people can't afford even one of those laptops... It's annoying when he starts with "Give me money, give me sh*t! More, MORE!".
      A year has passed and I still try to collect to buy an iPad, mostly to be able to read books(I work as a software developer)...
      Apples and oranges. Michael's trying to run a BUSINESS, not hoard all that tech because he wants to. You seem to have a very difficult time looking at the bigger picture.

Comment

[...]A year has passed and I still try to collect to buy an iPad, mostly to be able to read books[...]
        He lost his credibility exactly here You sure need an iPad to read books, there's no cheaper alternative

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

He lost his credibility exactly here You sure need an iPad to read books, there's no cheaper alternative
          hahahaha,

Comment

Nicely done Michael! These updates are always interesting

I do want to see the outcome of a "Hot Isle" style setup through the summer though. I am sure there are a whole bunch of people on these forums with data centre building knowledge that you could leverage if required.

Comment

A year has passed and I still try to collect to buy an iPad, mostly to be able to read books(I work as a software developer)...
              Let me get out the world's tiniest violin... Seriously though, where in Europe do you live that you can't afford an ipad as a software developer? Would you consider moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                I really think "free" should be in quotes
                Anyway great job recycling heat, it sounds pretty neat...
                Eastern EU states, and ofc. Ukraine and Belarus, got royally f***** ** by Putin with his Ukraine war. Even in Poland our currency went down. So Euro and Dolar are expensive here...

In Poland in my previous job, my room mate earned less then 500$ a month. (Just starting his career, and all that... but he was happy he landed that job). Can't even imagine how it is for Ukrainian devs.

Comment

That's quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: The Basement Server Room Cooling Solution Continues To Yield Free Heat

As a lot of people were interested in my basement server room remodel earlier this year for Linux benchmarking (and the sixth month redux) as well as subsequent updates about a very high performance fan for air cooling the systems during the cooler seasons, here's another quick update...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Server-Cooling
                    ^^^ All that.... "How to identify a guy who doesn't have a girlfriend"

Comment

Working...
                    X