No announcement yet.

Time For Feedback On A New Phoronix Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fonts, white colors, couldn't be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirudo View Post
      I think the new design looks great, especially the better use of the blank margins that used to be at the sides. I was initially shocked to see the 'phoronix green' disappear, but the new colour scheme looks very unique and distinctive. The more I look at it, the more I prefer the blue and beige look (and particularly the new typeface, you should keep that even if you go back to the old colour scheme).
      First impression is that I don't like it honestly ...

Comment

Phoronix on an iPhone

I took a look... and it doesn't look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by STrRedWolf View Post
          I took a look... and it doesn't look very good.

http://i.imgur.com/1weimDx.jpg
          I am not sure what this iPhone issue is still.... It's worked fine for me on every other platform and mobile device and there's no font borders or anything on the main text. But if you zoom in just a tad on the iPhone it renders fine. If anyone with more iOS experience has any feedback, it's much appreciated.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Most people seem to prefer fixed width sites so the lines don't become too wide. Right now there's a max-width set of 1500px. (min-width for non-premium users would be somewhere around 1200px given the current elements).
            No, most people prefer capped width. On lower resolution screens, horizontal scrolling is not fun. I like how the new site resizes fairly gracefully with a cap, but the min-width is too wide. My HTPC runs on a 720p TV at high DPI (125% scaling) and the right column is mostly cut off.

Also, I really don't like the font size, I need to force my browser to scale it down by roughly 20% on my desktop. Plus the fonts look quite different in IE9 vs Chrome, and look even worse at 125% DPI scaling..

Comment

I can't point to why, but I find it harder to read... Sorry I can't be more helpful. Other than that I don't mind it.

Comment

Originally posted by STrRedWolf View Post
                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                It's worked fine for me on every other platform and mobile device and there's no font borders or anything on the main text. But if you zoom in just a tad on the iPhone it renders fine. If anyone with more iOS experience has any feedback, it's much appreciated.
                There is no mobile template for Nokia N9 (meego) or Jolla JP-1301 (Sailfish).

Comment

Originally posted by KellyClowers View Post
                  I can't point to why, but I find it harder to read... Sorry I can't be more helpful. Other than that I don't mind it.
                  It's the contrast of colors, it's very modern to use bad color contrasts.

Comment

Any chance to get a mobile view now?

Comment

Originally posted by seba View Post
                      Any chance to get a mobile view now?
                      There is right now for iPhone and iPod but haven't done any other tests. On my android tablets the desktop version was fine. Limited by other devices for other mobile uis.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X