Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

Phoronix: Phoronix Now Accepts Bitcoins, Also On Steam Community

There's new ways to help out on Phoronix. Read more!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent! Gotta love the Steam community :-)

Comment

Thanks Micheal. This site consistently gives out information all week long. And when there is to much information to handle, one can always count on the trolls on this site to provide comic relief!

Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
        Also, why don't you include more guest articles? I really enjoyed the one about Wayland myths and facts. Plus, that one article generated almost 300 comments. I'm sure the fact that at least three knowledgeable people were answering questions in the thread helped a lot. Still, that must have been a lot of ad views.
        It's all a matter of who emails in guest articles... I don't go out asking for articles to be written hence they're likely needing compensation but whoever emails me and offers to write an article.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            Is d2kx Michael's personal account? If so, I see that VAC ban from 34 days ago ಠ_ಠ
            Personal account? I'm not even a gamer. d2kx is just a longtime Phoronix reader, had been asking me to create a Phoronix Steam Community,. and I made him a moderator.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post

Glad you enjoyed The Wayland Situation, CTown I've thought about offering to write an article once a week or so (Probably Fedora, KDE, or Systemd focused when possible) but that plan got shot down recently when classes dumped a crapload of work on my head
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

How about a Flattr integration on Phoronix?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Re: VAC in one game, that's a long story :-) You can ask me directly if interested. I asked Michael to set up the Steam community and will help running it, as he is a busy man :-)
                    Please note that this is not my main Steam account. If you want to add me as a friend, please do so with my other profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/officiald2kx

No man, since you are a moderator, you should explain yourself in public. Fuck cheaters.

Comment

Working...
                    X