Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium, Site Improvements Land

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium, Site Improvements Land

A number of small site improvements were made on Monday. Subscribers to Phoronix Premium should also find that the log-in process is easier...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The improvements are welcome.

I, for one, would recommend against delaying content for non-subscribers. I am a subscriber, but I still don't think that's the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post

I, for one, would recommend against delaying content for non-subscribers. I am a subscriber, but I still don't think that's the right thing to do.
      If enabled, the delay would be for a couple hours, if that. Most content is posted as soon as it's written, but will often write some articles a few hours in advance to cover times when I am sleeping or not in front of computer.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post

I second that. (Also a recent premium subscriber).

- Gilboa
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
        Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

"After once logging into the forums on the new system, your premium account should remain logged in for the day on our main web-site."

Does it mean that I still have to login to the forum every day? WHY???
          Do you know it will still not work for RSS readers such a way?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Oh my, has hell finally frozen over? Being subscriber for several years now I surely welcome that - if it works. Once per day though... well. It's the small steps that count, right?
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I guess that's an improvement. It also shows the number of comments on the article page now. Nice.

Comment

Finally
                Although forum visits once a day are still very frequent. Make that a week and you've got yourself a deal

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  "After once logging into the forums on the new system, your premium account should remain logged in for the day on our main web-site."

Does it mean that I still have to login to the forum every day? WHY???
                  Do you know it will still not work for RSS readers such a way?
                  This. I'm a premium subscriber as well, and coming from a link in the RSS feed, I *still* have to open a forum tab to remove ads / enable single page articles. So this *fix* is pretty much useless for me

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
                    This. I'm a premium subscriber as well, and coming from a link in the RSS feed, I *still* have to open a forum tab to remove ads / enable single page articles. So this *fix* is pretty much useless for me
                    That's the reason I stopped my subscription in the fist place.
                    Rob
                    email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X