Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    As another Opera user, thanks for the PNG switch.

On the new graphs, they could use some better width detection (the text is too wide for the area it's on, in many graphs).

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    an article with the graphs live - http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=16357

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by baryluk View Post
    Hi,

can you provide some cookie/parameter/local-storage based switch so we could force svg or png rendered for testing purposes, for example in Opera. I just tested in Opera, and it looks png is serverd, as it is blacklisted. Still I would like to experiment with it.
    Yes, it's on my TODO list.

Leave a comment:

• baryluk
    replied
    Hi,

can you provide some cookie/parameter/local-storage based switch so we could force svg or png rendered for testing purposes, for example in Opera. I just tested in Opera, and it looks png is serverd, as it is blacklisted. Still I would like to experiment with it. Can anybody provide DSK bug number for reported problem in Opera?

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Works fine on Android 3.2 using the system's browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 3.2; pt-pt; Transformer TF101 Build/HTJ85B) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.13

Renders png when using Opera Mobile:

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux zbov; U; pt) Presto/2.8.149 Version/11.10

Leave a comment:

• utrrrongeeb
    replied
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0 Iceweasel/6.0

Browser-related:
    Scrolling and zooming are slightly laggy.
    As reported by many others, the AMD HD 6000 Gallium3D/Catalyst table has unnecessary scrollbars, which do not disappear until I zoom out. The last zero in "AMD HD 6000" is cut off by the next cell.
    Links in SVGs work, and open in a new tab.

Text comments:
    The text in the tables (especially the Wide System Table) doesn't contrast well with the background, and it slightly difficult to read.
    Small text, like the "Seconds, less are better" and the "OpenBenchmarking.org" in the first SVG, isn't antialiased, and is also slightly difficult to read.

Design comments:
    The titles (e.g. "AMD HD 6000") of the Overview Tables are not links; Line Graphs' titles (e.g. the next one, "SciMark v2.0") are links. Perhaps they should be consistent?
    The black-on-white "pts |l' Phoronix Test Suite" raster images in the Overview Tables are showing their pixels, and the subtitle line "Phoronix Test Suite" looks especially weak; maybe that should be SVG'd as well?

Overall, it's an improvement. :-) If I can't comfortably read the power-consumption averages, I can just zoom in....

Leave a comment:

• Nigra
    replied
    Works wonderfully on iPad 1

I am surfing from a first gen iPad with iOS 5.0 beta 6. I assume the second gen would perform the same but mine is showing everything beautifully. Pinch zooming in reveals the SVG technology. I'll test it on opera 11.50 and 12.00 although I read it doesn't work as well.

Here's the user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Otus View Post
    My Chrome/Chromium report from before was wrong: Chrome does display the svg properly, but doesn't allow any interaction. You can see that the files are svg by zooming, but the links don't work in the embedded graphs.

A little Googling suggests you should use the object element for interactive svg (i.e. <object type="image/svg+xml" data="...">) instead of img. That seems to work when editing the test page locally.

Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/11.04 Chromium/13.0.782.215 Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
    Hmm okay, because Safari needs the img tag rather than object otherwise it doesn't render correctly. Will try putting Chrome under the category of using object tag instead (that's what Firefox, etc use).

Try again now please.

Leave a comment:

• Otus
    replied
    My Chrome/Chromium report from before was wrong: Chrome does display the svg properly, but doesn't allow any interaction. You can see that the files are svg by zooming, but the links don't work in the embedded graphs.

A little Googling suggests you should use the object element for interactive svg (i.e. <object type="image/svg+xml" data="...">) instead of img. That seems to work when editing the test page locally.

Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/11.04 Chromium/13.0.782.215 Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by sreyan View Post
    Thanks Michael!

I know this is no longer relevant, but since you asked, this is the user agent returned from my phone:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
    Thanks, it was useful for just confirming that the string (particularly around "Android ") is formatted like other devices to ensure it will work fine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X