Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Popular Linux News Over The Past 20 Years

Phoronix: The Most Popular Linux News Over The Past 20 Years

With yesterday marking the 20th birthday of Phoronix, I was curious what the most popular news articles were over these past two decades. There's a lot of compiler fodder, news from the early days of AMD Ryzen, Linus Torvalds commentary, and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congrats and thanks for the 20 years of wonderful Linux content!

Just curious: What metric did you use to decide which articles were the most popular?

Comment

Wild stats! Well done! Glad to be a premium member for the last several years. Supporting Phoronix is well worth it... though custom avatars is still on the list for paying members (** hint, hint)

Comment

I got a chuckle that article that spawned the most popular Linus meme made the list:

Comment

Originally posted by JanW View Post
          Congrats and thanks for the 20 years of wonderful Linux content!

Just curious: What metric did you use to decide which articles were the most popular?
          Page views
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
            Wild stats! Well done! Glad to be a premium member for the last several years. Supporting Phoronix is well worth it... though custom avatars is still on the list for paying members (** hint, hint)
            drizzle drizzle

Comment

The list contains a couple of gems. I am tempted to re-read some of them just for nostalgia. Thanks Michael for the continued coverage of Linux kernel development and open source news!

Comment

Shocked the Steam on Linux (finally) story wasn't #1

Comment

Most of these make no sense at all
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    Most of these make no sense at all
                    Most (not all) things that go viral don't really make sense. A lot of the time, it's just about posting at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                    X