Framework 16, New AMD Launches & More Made For An Exciting January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framework 16, New AMD Launches & More Made For An Exciting January

Phoronix: Framework 16, New AMD Launches & More Made For An Exciting January

January was a busy month with a number of notable hardware launches from the Framework 16 laptop to the new AMD Ryzen 8000G series APUs to the new System76 Thelio Major workstation powered by Ryzen Threadripper 7000 series. There were 268 original news articles and another 15 featured Linux hardware reviews / multi-page benchmark articles on Phoronix during the last month. With all that daily original content, here's a look back at the most popular news and reviews from January...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

image.php?id=framework-laptop-16&image=framework_16_12_show.webp The 1990's are calling. They want their ethernet adapter back from Framework.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      image.php?id=framework-laptop-16&image=framework_16_12_show.webp The 1990's are calling. They want their ethernet adapter back from Framework.
      Were eth ports always transparent in the 90 or what is reminding you of that era?

Edit: there you go: https://www.retrocomputing.co.uk/201...-card-for.html
      Last edited by Anux; 01 February 2024, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I've always felt that all laptops are way overpriced, but if I had to buy a laptop I'd buy Framework as at least it's customizable and upgradeable. I mean my goodness, you can even easily replace the battery, while other laptop and phone manufacturers spout some nonsense about why even batteries can't be replaced. When the truth is they simply want everything to be disposable so you have to buy things all over again, no matter how much rare earth material is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          I've always felt that all laptops are way overpriced, but if I had to buy a laptop I'd buy Framework as at least it's customizable and upgradeable. I mean my goodness, you can even easily replace the battery, while other laptop and phone manufacturers spout some nonsense about why even batteries can't be replaced. When the truth is they simply want everything to be disposable so you have to buy things all over again, no matter how much rare earth material is wasted.
          Most consumers don't want to pay a higher price for a more bulkier laptop to get this functionality. Otherwise we would already seen more vendors offering this. The market for this is very niche. Talk to anyone not in the tech circles and see if they really care.

Comment

Working...
          X