Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the permissions for multiple attachments work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the permissions for multiple attachments work?

I tried to embed multiple images in a post (via editor GUI) and got the message "maximum 1 attachment per post permitted" (paraphrasing).

I then tried pasting links instead. Upon posting, the post was instantly marked as "unapproved".

I did read the forum rules (ofc) and the help pages. After some searching I found some some information indicating that different users have different permissions (paraphrasing: "you can attach multiple images if you have permission to do so".

Are new users only permitted to attach or embed one image per post? Or did I just mess it up? Or is it a fluke?

Updated:
    I managed to post now by using
    Code:
    [IMG]"image url"[/IMG]
    tags. However, the images are humongous. I'd like to make them a lot smaller.

Here is the post in question:
    Code:
    https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/1428388-opensuse-logo-contest-concludes-with-winners-selected?p=1428580#post1428580

Update 2 - solution:
    The way I do it is that I post the reply and then edit. I double-click the images and resize in the pop-up dialog (value in pixels). Maybe there's a more elegant way to do it, I don't know.

Question:
    I still don't know why there's a difference in using IMG tags and the editor GUI dialog. As well as the maximum tag limit being 9.

For icons, this limit is pretty low, especially if smileys are counted. If you want to discuss an icon set of 10 - 20 icons (e.g. regarding a design contest news story), and also want to use smileys, then you either need to give up or split it into several posts which makes it very messy.

---

Other than the questions I still have, the issue is resolved-ish and hopefully this thread is useful for someone in the future. I couldn't find any other thread about this matter.
    Last edited by Eudyptula; 14 December 2023, 09:11 PM.

This post is a mess and doesn't really say anything that post #1 doesn't. If the edited additions get submitted, I hit "post" and the old revision is stlil be there. Will delete this when post #1 gets successfully edited.

Update:
    I managed to post now by using
    Code:
    [IMG]"image url"[/IMG]
    tags. However, the images are humongous. I'd like to make them a lot smaller.

Here is the post in question: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...80#post1428580

---

Update 2:
    Solved the problem. IMG tags work. After posting, I can double-click the images and resize in the pop-up dialog and then re-submit the edited post.

I'm still a bit confused as to why it is like this, though.
    Last edited by Eudyptula; 14 December 2023, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X