Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Ads showing and the most like reason (wrong CORS headers on quanticast.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ads showing and the most like reason (wrong CORS headers on quanticast.com)

As other users already informed here on the forum, the ads are simply not showing no matter the browser and its config (no matter if adblock and other protections are completely disabled on Phoronix domain).

The most probable cause is a misconfiguration on the ad provider, Quantcast in particular, because their servers aren't providing a valid CORS header. It's easy to diagnose this by opening the console and looking to the errors, in particular from quanticast.com

By chance is it working now?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

There is progress but, still, no ads. The CORS error is gone, but there is a new one on the "sequence", which is the use of a non-existent subdomain quantcast.mgr.consensu.org

You can inform Quanticast and/or Consensu teams about the problem, by showing them both A and CNAME records return nothing right now (which makes you lose revenue):Because of this new error, still there is no ads showing.
      Last edited by paulocoghi; 17 August 2023, 04:28 AM.

Comment

By chance is it all set now? Thanks for the testing paulocoghi
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Yes! Everything is working now! Ads are showing!

To ensure a proper test, I completely reset my browser before testing.

Comment

It's an honor to help your site, Michael. I will subscribe as soon as I can (financial difficulties at the moment)

Comment

Originally posted by paulocoghi View Post
              Yes! Everything is working now! Ads are showing!

To ensure a proper test, I completely reset my browser before testing.
              Good to hear, thanks for the help in sorting out the Quantcast issues!
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                By chance is it all set now? Thanks for the testing paulocoghi
                I'm not so sure, atleast on my end there are still no ads. (germany)

Comment

Same - no ads at least since the beginning of the month. Browsing on Firefox now with all blocking disabled but tried Chrome and Brave to no avail. Browsing from Poland.

Comment

Found the issue - if you Disagree on the cookies consent prompt you get no ads. I don't think this is the intended behavior since I haven't ever seen a webpage where disagreeing to cookies stops all ads.

Comment

Working...
                    X