No announcement yet.

What's Excited Open-Source Enthusiasts & Linux Users The Most So Far In 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Excited Open-Source Enthusiasts & Linux Users The Most So Far In 2023

Phoronix: What's Excited Open-Source Enthusiasts & Linux Users The Most So Far In 2023

With the first-half of the year amazingly already in the books, here is a look back at what's captivated Linux/open-source fans the most from all the content on Phoronix. So far this year I have personally written 1,407 original news articles on software/hardware topics and another 74 original Linux hardware reviews / multi-page featured benchmark articles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congrats Michael on another great half year of Phoronix news and reviews. I hope more people buy premium to help you afford ends meet with your family sir! If you run a black friday deal in November I'll probably chip in another year's worth again. Try to help you out whenever I can sir! I for one appreciate what you do here.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      Congrats Michael on another great half year of Phoronix news and reviews. I hope more people buy premium to help you afford ends meet with your family sir! If you run a black friday deal in November I'll probably chip in another year's worth again. Try to help you out whenever I can sir! I for one appreciate what you do here.
      Thanks for your kind words, sadly less than 2% (or even 1.5% based on monthly traffic) of Phoronix readers are Phoronix Premium subscribers...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
        I hope more people buy premium to help you afford ends meet with your family sir!
        Hear, hear!

Comment

Had a good time reading the news and discussing here in the forum.

I use a add blocker and I have a premium account. I hope Michael, you aren't counting me in the lost revenue

I guess it's sad but also mitigating the loss form blocked adds, are dropping add rates. I heard a gaming blog had about -40%.

Is this true?

Not sure how I can help but if you're around Basel CH or need help with monitoring related stuff, hit me up.

Maybe you can try to reach the jupiterbroadcasting guys and have a chat about value for value micro transactions (boosts) for articles?

Comment

Working...
          X