New AMD Ryzen CPUs, Intel Sapphire Rapids, Rust Adoption & More In Q1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AMD Ryzen CPUs, Intel Sapphire Rapids, Rust Adoption & More In Q1

Phoronix: New AMD Ryzen CPUs, Intel Sapphire Rapids, Rust Adoption & More In Q1

During the first quarter of 2023 on Phoronix I wrote 708 original news articles pertaining to Linux, open-source, and hardware. That was complemented by another 45 Linux hardware reviews / multi-page featured articles for the quarter. Here is a look back at what excited Linux/open-source enthusiasts for the quarter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You do a great job Michael! I'm glad I finally have a job where I can afford a premium membership. This is the only tech news website I frequent, other than undeadly which is more technical news just related to OpenBSD, you do a great job covering Linux and other FLOSS operating systems and projects! Keep up the great work sir!

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      You do a great job Michael! I'm glad I finally have a job where I can afford a premium membership. This is the only tech news website I frequent, other than undeadly which is more technical news just related to OpenBSD, you do a great job covering Linux and other FLOSS operating systems and projects! Keep up the great work sir!
      Thanks, Kyle.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Don't know why people prefer Rust over Zig.
        Zig creates much smaller files, is faster, much more secure and the compiler don't need to be installed. You only need to expand the archive-file with Zig included in any directory and start then the compiler in there.
        The binary of zig includes no other executables or (binary) library. There existing only the ./zig executable (on Unix) or .\zig.exe (on Windows). All other are source files.
        It generates binaries for different processors, different operating systems and as stand alone for different micro computers.
        As the Zig-developers say, they don't rely on C, C++, glibc, libc, glibc++ or libc++. They compete with all that.
        Small stripped down statical linked Zig-programs are smaller then small stripped down dynamical linked C-programs with the same functionality.
        Last edited by theuserbl; 31 March 2023, 10:44 PM.

Comment

"During the first quarter of 2023 on Phoronix I wrote 708 original news articles​"
          You need a rest mate.
          How're you doing even?

Comment

Working...
          X