Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 5th Birthday, Phoronix!

Phoronix: Happy 5th Birthday, Phoronix!

It was five years ago today, on the 5th of June 2004, that Phoronix.com launched. It was also one year ago to the day that Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 was released. Here are a few statistics and highlights from the past five years with what we have set out to accomplish with enriching the Linux hardware experience and driving Linux-based benchmarking and testing.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations!

Comment

Something interesting to look at: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/phoronix.com and http://web.archive.org/web/*/phoronix.com

But anyway, Congrats!

Also, something just occured to me: I originally found Phoronix because I was looking for an alternative to 3DMark, preferably one that runs on Linux. Why not have a feature where the PTS has a default test mode that assigns an arbitrary number that correlates to how your computer performs? With a GUI, we can have a true replacement for 3DMark on Linux.
      Last edited by superppl; 05 June 2009, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Congratulations, and thanks for the interesting articles
        Btw, any explanation on the sudden popularity increase back in 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by maleadt View Post
          Congratulations, and thanks for the interesting articles
          Btw, any explanation on the sudden popularity increase back in 2007?
          Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That one's even listed as one of the most popular articles

Congrats Phoronix anyways, been an interesting year in 2008!

Comment

Happy birthday
            and thanx for all the news & articles!
            keep it up!

Comment

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Comment

Congratulations, most of the time really interesting news on this site. I like PTS too and would just like to see an open source server part (PTS Global).

Comment

congrats

Comment

My best wishes the 5 years to become 50

Comment

Working...
                    X