Unapproved posts: how does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unapproved posts: how does this work?

I'm a bit confused how this site works. Do the first x posts have to be approved by a moderator before they are visible?

I posted a comment in the OpenZFS topic, but it is now a while ago and still 'unapproved' which means it is invisible to others i believe.

When approved, it may already be on the previous page and not seen by the person i quotes to.

So how does this work? I can post a few simple posts here just to get through the beginner post approval status?

I'm not criticizing policy here, i just want to know what i am supposed to do. Thanks.

PS: there was an issue with my account where i entered the wrong email address. Michael quickly fixed that for me after contacting him via the 'Contact Us' link, thanks again for that! I was wondering if this had any influence on the issueof unapproved posts?

The first ~5 posts need to go through mod queue for new users just to verify no spam bot / account setup just for flaming, etc.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah ok i understand, thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        The first ~5 posts need to go through mod queue for new users just to verify no spam bot / account setup just for flaming, etc.
        What's the criteria for a post to get flagged after posting/editing?
        It seems pretty arbitrary, there's been a few times I posted something harmless or did a slight edit to a post and it was marked as unapproved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

What's the criteria for a post to get flagged after posting/editing?
          It seems pretty arbitrary, there's been a few times I posted something harmless or did a slight edit to a post and it was marked as unapproved.
          It goes through Akismet anti-spam... Not sure of all their criteria but yes there are false positives.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Does this 5 post limit is in any way affected by an account age? I did my 2nd post today after 2 years break and it is unapproved (leading to me writing this 3rd post). I really try to write only when I have something to say but I understand moderation is hard on a popular site so spammers need to be caught and blocked ASAP.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, it's not just account age. I just posted in the Qlogic 10Gbe thread and it was immediately unapproved, though that was probably due to the large number of links providing a history of the driver, or perhaps the mention of buying a card. Annoyingly I'm not allowed to edit it to polish, either.
              Last edited by GreenReaper; 23 October 2023, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X