Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Now 15 Years Old, Phoronix Test Suite Hits 11 - A Look Back By The Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday! It's amazing all those years already Keep up the good work!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Happy birthday!

Comment

Happy birthday!

You say often that you are the only contributor, but I've never heard you ask for additional writers. Maybe add a banner/link on the home page saying something like "Write for Phoronix? Click here!" or something like that.

Comment

So, that comes out to a little more than 5 articles a day. That's a lot for one person (Michael did well over 99.9% of them).

Phoronix, to me, has been a major contributor to the development of Linux and other open-source projects, mostly by just simply bringing attention/awareness to things, good or bad.

Comment

Amzazing things that you have achieved!
              Congratz!

Originally posted by Jeroen View Post
              Happy birthday!

You say often that you are the only contributor, but I've never heard you ask for additional writers. Maybe add a banner/link on the home page saying something like "Write for Phoronix? Click here!" or something like that.
              i was a bit suprised about this, too - never knew michael was open for guest-articles ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
                Amzazing things that you have achieved!
                Congratz!

i was a bit suprised about this, too - never knew michael was open for guest-articles ^^
                Originally posted by Jeroen View Post
                Happy birthday!

Thanks.

I do accept guest posts that come in occasionally. The problem with advertising it more is likely to get more spam/bullshit sent in. Already several times a week I get cold emails about "guest posts" that either are spammy articles with various links trying to promote whatever company's own products/services or other garbage like that along those lines. Or occasionally some random people trying to submit articles like "how to install XYZ program on Linux" and wanting money for such an article on a silly topic.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Happy birthday Phoronix, keep up the interesting work Michael

A thought: For those who are Phoronix Premium, why not give them a Premium status of some sort on the forum so they can show it off a little?

Comment

Happy Birthday, and here's to another 15 years (and preferably more)!

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
                      Yeah, you are right Except Michaels energy is more like the energy in Energizers Lithium batteries...
                      Michael I second this.

Also, you should take a little vacation to celebrate and post a picture.

Comment

Working...
                      X