Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help for running tests on a embedded hardware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help for running tests on a embedded hardware.

Hello,

I have to build yocto for an embedded hardware. I am trying to build pts for benchmarking. I am able to build yocto with pts.

When I try to run pts with tests such as fio for example, I get errors regarding dependencies. I am not able to resolve these dependencies(downloading required through internet). Is there any mechanism to resolve dependencies.

Thanks.
    Nirav.

Did you try downloading the dependencies to some USB/flash storage and then transfer it to the embedded device?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I tried the following approach.
      1. I tried installing PTS on ubuntu 14.04(host).
      2. I downloaded the test (fio) on ubuntu and copied it to sd card(contains rootfs for embedded hardware).
      3. Then I tried running fio.

But still the problem exists.

Please let me know if my approach is wrong and I need to do something else.

Thanks.
      Nirav

Comment

Hello,

1. I tried installing PTS on ubuntu 14.04 LTS (host machine)
        2. Installed fio on ubuntu(host) and tried copying the fio related files on the SD Card (contains Rootfs for embedded hardware).

Please let me know if my approach is wrong and need to try something else.

Thanks for the help.
        Nirav.

Comment

Originally posted by Niravk View Post
          Hello,

1. I tried installing PTS on ubuntu 14.04 LTS (host machine)
          2. Installed fio on ubuntu(host) and tried copying the fio related files on the SD Card (contains Rootfs for embedded hardware).

Please let me know if my approach is wrong and need to try something else.

Thanks for the help.
          Nirav.
          That will work for getting the test to the device, but if the test is dependent upon a system dependency (like some libraries, etc for that particular distribution - yocto - that wouldn't cover it in the process). So you would need to download the necessary Yocto dependencies and install them on the system along with transferring the tests over as you were trying originally.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello,

I tried building yocto with gcc.

Followed the same pattern and tried running ramspeed

It is working.

Thanks for pointing me in right direction.

Thanks
            Nirav.

Comment

Hello Nirav,

I'm working in a similar way. FYI, I build all the needed dependencies using Yocto from the host. Yocto allows to generate easily all the deb packages. I can then maintain a package server and install "on the fly" the needed packages from the target.

Comment

Working...
              X