Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection to PTS server: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_alpha()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to PTS server: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_alpha()

Hello!

I installed PTS v6.6.1 server on Debian 8 and started Phoromatic Server successfully.
    The WebUI is accessible and works fine.

However, I cannot connect a SLES 12 client with PTS 6.6.1 (extracted from tar-ball) to this server.
    Running phoronix-test-suite phoromatic.connect fails with this error:
    Code:
    vm8-sles12:~ # phoronix-test-suite phoromatic.connect 192.168.88.128:8477/5OZE3J

Phoronix Test Suite v6.6.1
    Server IP: 192.168.88.128
    Server HTTP Port: 8477
    Account ID: 5OZE3J

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ctype_alpha() in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/ojects/phodevi/components/phodevi_memory.php on line 200
    Server and client are running on virtual machines (VMware) in same network segment (Host-only mode)

Also, the client cannot detect the Phoromatic Server.
    Code:
    vm8-sles12:~ # phoronix-test-suite phoromatic.explore

Phoronix Test Suite v6.6.1
    Phoromatic Servers

No Phoromatic Servers detected.
    How can I fix this error?

That error is being called because of opensuse's packaging, you need php5-ctype. (Or might be called php-ctype now on opensuse). Most Linux distributions ship with PHP ctype built as part of the PHP package but openSUSE breaks it out.

Let me know if you have issues installing that package. In PTS Git I will change it though to not error out when ctype is missing.

The phoromatic.explore command won't work unless Avahi is present on both the client and server.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

nice (again)... issue solved after installing php5-ctype-5.6.26-344.1 (matching to version of php5 installed on client).

Comment

Originally posted by c.monty View Post
        nice (again)... issue solved after installing php5-ctype-5.6.26-344.1 (matching to version of php5 installed on client).
        Great. And PTS in Git already for the next version I've changed it so that error won't happen when ctype is missing but will fallback to another implementation.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X