Resume Interrupted batch-benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume Interrupted batch-benchmark

I had batch-benchmarked a test suite containing lots of tests. After hours running the tests unsupervised I returned to the machine and the system seems to hang. How can I

- resume/continue the testing without rerun already run tests?
    - identify which test had run last or caused the crash?

Under .phoronix-test-suite/test-results/alpha are located the two files 'active.xml' and 'index.html'. However there are no results displayed when calling list-saved-results. The 'active.xml' contains the results so far, but not in the same order of tests in the suite. So I can't see which test had run next.

I am using PTS v5.2.1 (Khanino) from the official Ubuntu 16.04 repos. Like found in older documentations there is no 'recover-run' available.

Thanks in advance

First I'd try upgrading to PTS 6.2 at least. The Ubuntu packages are vastly outdated.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Is there a way to install PTS with PHP7 on Ubuntu 16.04? I feel a little bit uncomfortable with dirty downgrading to php5 [1].

However I will try to install PTS with PHP5 on the machine, as it is a fresh test system. I will then update this thread, if the benchmark will fail again.

[1] http://askubuntu.com/questions/76171.../762161#762161

Comment

Information for the community: The install script inside the PTS tar.gz package should be the current way to install PTS on Ubuntu 16.04.

Comment

Ok, I had rerun he test suite with latest PTS 6.2.2 and the execution crashed nevertheless. This time I piped the console output with tee and the suite crashed with the first execution of the test pts/reaction. The screen turns instantly black and the machine does respond to any input - at leas not obviously. Meaning that I blindly switched with Ctrl-Alt-F1 to a terminal, logged into that terminal and created a file with touch - everything blindly with a black screen. After a reboot the file indeed exists. Nevertheless there is no way to display anything again despite rebooting the system. Also the test run does not continue.

I could reproduce this behavior on my brand new notebook (with i7-6500U) as well as with my 8 years old Lenovo ThinkPad SL300.

BTW - also the test pts/quake4 did not run properly but leaves the desktop with the screen resolution of the benchmark behind.

Even with PTS 6.2.2 I found no way of resuming the test suite run. The command 'finish-run' just told me, that there are no corrupted test. However 'list-saved-results' shows the test results of the interrupted test suite benchmark.

Comment

Working...
          X