Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me understand OpenBenchmarking upload settings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me understand OpenBenchmarking upload settings....

I ran a bunch of benchmarks today and most of them were automatically uploaded to OpenBenchmarking before I had a chance to combine/collate them the way I wanted. So, I disabled the auto-upload setting. However, this has left me with two questions:

1. It seems that manually uploading a result causes that result to be removed from my local system. I want to keep a copy of the result file on my system. Is it possible to configure this behavior somewhere?

2. My OpenBenchmarking profile is now littered with automatically uploaded results from when I was just getting things up and running. Is there any way to delete results from the site once they've been uploaded?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rsking84 View Post
    1. It seems that manually uploading a result causes that result to be removed from my local system. I want to keep a copy of the result file on my system. Is it possible to configure this behavior somewhere?

2. My OpenBenchmarking profile is now littered with automatically uploaded results from when I was just getting things up and running. Is there any way to delete results from the site once they've been uploaded?

Thanks!
    1. Uploading results to OpenBenchmarking.org from the local client shouldn't cause the results to be removed from the local system. So the directories are missing from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results? Are you on Git or what version? I haven't heard of any bugs of uploading to OB causing local results to be removed. There is such an option for Phoromatic in the settings page, but it sounds like you were just running the client itself.

2. Unfortunately not right now. The only way right now to delete OB results are for me to manually query and remove them from the database. However, I'm working on a new version of OpenBenchmarking.org right now (done with PTS 6.0 later this year) and may be able to make a hide/delete feature for users.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

1. Uploading results to OpenBenchmarking.org from the local client shouldn't cause the results to be removed from the local system. So the directories are missing from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results? Are you on Git or what version? I haven't heard of any bugs of uploading to OB causing local results to be removed. There is such an option for Phoromatic in the settings page, but it sounds like you were just running the client itself.
      That's right, I'm just running regular benchmarks (not batch mode or phoromatic or anything). As soon as the results are uploaded, they disappear from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results. This is using git, cloned yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by rsking84 View Post

That's right, I'm just running regular benchmarks (not batch mode or phoromatic or anything). As soon as the results are uploaded, they disappear from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results. This is using git, cloned yesterday.
        Could you git pull back to v5.8.1 to see if there's a chance in behavior or not? (There's been a ton of key changes in past few days, but on my end I still can't reproduce this exact behavior.)
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for your attention to this. It did not occur on v5.8.1. However, upon switching back to the latest git I can't reproduce the problem either. I guess I'll chalk it up to a transient glitch for now; if I figure out how to reproduce I'll post again.

Comment

Working...
          X