Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using phoromatic schedules to collect with power meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using phoromatic schedules to collect with power meter?

I would like to be able to tell my system under test to collect power meter data while it's running a scheduled test. I can't see where you setup the schedule to collect any sensor info such as sys.power or cpu.freq. How do I do this? Also what about test arguments, like times to run etc?

Are you running it just from the phoronix-test-suite or Phoromatic? If running just from the phoronix-test-suite, it should be like:

MONITOR=cpu.freq,sys.power phoronix-test-suite benchmark

or MONITOR=all to monitor all variables. There's also environment variables like FORCE_TIMES_TO_RUN, etc, that are covered by the PTS documentation.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi, I'm actually running through phoromatic and scheduling the tests to run through the phoromatic server web interface. Still not seeing where to set this up - and indeed when I do check the boxes to monitor sys.power with running a single one time benchmark (through the Benchmark interface, not through Schedule) I never see that data in the results either.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
        Hi, I'm actually running through phoromatic and scheduling the tests to run through the phoromatic server web interface. Still not seeing where to set this up - and indeed when I do check the boxes to monitor sys.power with running a single one time benchmark (through the Benchmark interface, not through Schedule) I never see that data in the results either.
        Aha, okay. Right now there may be an issue with selecting it on the schedules page for the different sensor monitors. If you could check on one of the "client" systems with phoronix-test-suite system-sensors to verify the power information is reportable (right now it just checks for the WattsUp USB 'wattsup' power monitoring support as well as some IPMI interfaces, but other interfaces can be rather trivially added). When knowing that works for you will check on the UI part of it in Phoromatic. If you want to email me at michael at phoronix.com that would be the quickest way to resolve the issue. Thanks!

Michael
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes, everything works perfectly when I'm not using phoromatic to schedule. I will email you.

Comment

Working...
          X