X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
    Thanks alot that works fine now. How would you recommend uninstalling PTS then when upgrading?
    Just deleting /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/ for now... I need to come up with a clean way.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    Thanks alot that works fine now. How would you recommend uninstalling PTS then when upgrading?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts/test-resources/compress-gzip/

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Err thinking about it just now, if it was with the generic install-sh or some other approach, I bet it's because the install script doesn't remove the old contents and so PTS went from having a downloads.xml file for that test to having none, since everything is all generated now for it on the fly. So if you just rm that downloads.xml file within pts/test-resources/compress-gzip/ it should fix that.
    Where is the pts folder located? or do you mean .phoronix-test-suite/test-ressources in the home dir from where the test was run from? Because I created the user pts just the other day and that home dir has never had another version of PTS. I used to run from root simply because i didn't want to create a nis user and the files where too big for the NFS share and symbolically linking them would cause obvious problems on other boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Which way had you been installing it? So I know whether there's a bug in any of the install scripts or what.
    Err thinking about it just now, if it was with the generic install-sh or some other approach, I bet it's because the install script doesn't remove the old contents and so PTS went from having a downloads.xml file for that test to having none, since everything is all generated now for it on the fly. So if you just rm that downloads.xml file within pts/test-resources/compress-gzip/ it should fix that.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    it's running rhel5 64bit, i've been using the install script. (install.sh)

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
    It's had quite a lot of pts versions installed on it since like 0.1 probably. What would you recommend to clean up properly?
    Which way had you been installing it? So I know whether there's a bug in any of the install scripts or what.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    It's had quite a lot of pts versions installed on it since like 0.1 probably. What would you recommend to clean up properly?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Hmmm how are you running PTS? Did you run an install script or a distribution package or what? Something isn't updated right for you. compress-gzip hasn't used the trondheim wav file since like v0.7 or so if I recall correctly. With the stable version, it generates a file using dd and doesn't require any downloads.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    Do you know which test is calling this inside universe-cli?
    [pts@katz installed-tests]$ phoronix-test-suite install compress-gzip

====================================
    Downloading Files For: compress-gzip
    ====================================

Downloading File: pts-trondheim-wav.tar.gz

--13:23:32-- http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/b...eim-wav.tar.gz
    Connecting to 193.128.223.36:80... connected.
    Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    13:23:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The MD5 check-sum of the downloaded file is incorrect.
    Would you like to try downloading the file again (Y/n)?
    I've tried to delete the cache and the installed-tests/compress-gzip folder but it just seems like the download location is wrong. going straight to the link gives a 404 error in firefox too.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X