How to use Phronix Test Suite ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Phronix Test Suite ?

How do I install P test Suite in Ubuntu 8.04 ? And how do I use it ? Is it necessary to run games to get the FPS ? Or it will give an assumption seeing the secs ?

Regards

First make sure you have PHP5-CLI and PHP5-GD installed. Then cd to the pts directory (or wherever you saved the files to) and run it from the terminal:

Code:
    ./phoronix-test-suite
    That will give you all the available commands. There are several commands you can append to that initial call, like lists-test and list-suites, which will give you a read-out of all the available benchmarks. You install benchmarks with the install argument. Ex.

Code:
    Install Universe suite:

./phoronix-test-suite install universe
    Everything will be automatically downloaded and installed, with all dependencies resolved automatically. You're going to need a rather fast internet connection since some of the programs are rather large. After it installs you can run it with the run argument:

Code:
    ./phoronix-test-suite run universe

Comment

Just 1 question .? Where the files will get installed ? Can I delete the extracted folder after installation will ask if I have some problems

Comment

Files by default are installed to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/, but you can change that location in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Another question.. will the installation download the full nexuiz and quake game :"O

Comment

For Quake you obviously will need game files from the disk. The same thing for Doom 3. Nexuiz is free, so the whole thing will be downloaded and can be run without restrictions.

Comment

You are not getting my point.. the installation of Phoronix Test Suite download the s/w for test.. I want to ask that will it download the whole game or I have to do that ?

Comment

Dark_Star:

We cannot legally support having PTS download the entire ET:QW or Quake 4 game. It will download the updates for the game, but you have to copy over the game files from the DVD/CDs you purchased. For all free software tests, it downloads everything and will get you going.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Is it possible to select/deselect a particular packages while installation ? Some packages are too big and i don't have very fast net connection ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
                    Is it possible to select/deselect a particular packages while installation ? Some packages are too big and i don't have very fast net connection ?
                    Just not run those tests then? If one of the packages is too big to download, then you just can't run that test. Alternatively, you could download the packages elsewhere and then use the make-download-cache feature.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X