"Common dependencies" missing in Arch install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Common dependencies" missing in Arch install

I've installed phoronix-test-suite on a newly-built Arch linux system, using the Arch package. Attempting to install a test (or anything else) produces this message (or something like it; I can't copy and paste):
    Code:
    Distribution install script not found!
    There are dependencies still missing from the system
    - Common dependencies for the Phoronix Test Suite

The installation guide says that php is the only (absolute) dependency and I've installed the latest version of that package. I've googled for various combinations of the error messages and can find nothing. I'm sure this is a dumb question but I've run out of things to try. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(PS I'm new to Arch though I'm pretty familiar with Ubuntu-based distros).

I've found a "Common dependencies" XML file; is that it?

I've found an XML file on GIT which apparently lists PTS's "External Dependencies"; it's at https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...c-packages.xml

Is that effectively the list of things that need to be installed before PTS will run?

Comment

Still digging ...

I now see that the packages referred to in that "common dependencies" file aren't immediately essential. I've found the component that issues the "Distribution install script not found!" message; it's called pts_external_dependencies.php and it checks for a vendor install script called install-xxxxx-packages.sh, where "xxxxx" is a vendor (or, presumably, architecture) string.

I checked, and /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-arch-packages.sh exists, which looks like the right thing. Is this an error?

But I told the "install test" operation to carry on without dependencies and the one I chose, pts/gtkperf, installed OK and is running; all very puzzling.

Comment

Short story is it's trying to install dependencies for tests you're trying to run. On Arch everything should be in good shape so not sure why you're having problems on your system. Really busy this week but can try to look in a day or two, but if you install the dependencies fine yourself for the tests, you can safely ignore the messages.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I ignored the warnings and everything worked

I selected option 1 in the installation step (carry on without the dependencies) and the four tests I commonly use -- pts/gtkperf, pts/iozone, pts/convert-mp3 and pts/graphics-magick -- all worked fine.

Strange behaviour; happy to help with debugging it when you've got time, but for the moment I have all I need.

Comment

Working...
          X