Phoromatic server installation problem -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoromatic server installation problem -

I am trying to install "Phoromatic server" and a phoronix host. While trying to start the server, i am running into a issue, and it dumps output -

./phoronix-test-suite start-phoromatic-server
    Port 8452 chosen as random port for this instance. Change the default port via the Phoronix Test Suite user configuration file.
    Phoronix Test Suite v5.4.0 (Lipki) starting Phoromatic Server
    Phoronix Test Suite User-Data Directory Path: /root/.phoronix-test-suite/
    Phoronix Test Suite Configuration File: /root/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml
    Phoromatic Server Log File: /var/log/phoromatic.log

WebSocket Server Active: localhost:8552
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to open database: unable to open database file' in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/phoromatic_server.php:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/phoromatic_server.php(90): SQLite3->__construct('/root/.phoronix...', 1)
    #1 /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_phoromatic_event_server.php(59): phoromatic_server:repare_database(true)
    #2 /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/commands/start_phoromatic_event_server.php(32): pts_phoromatic_event_server->__construct()
    #3 [internal function]: start_phoromatic_event_server::run(Array)
    #4 /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/client/pts_client.php(1348): call_user_func(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/phoronix-test-suite.php(173): pts_client::execute_command('start_phoromat in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/phoromatic_server.php on line 90
    The Phoromatic Web Interface Is Accessible At: http://localhost:8452
    Press [ENTER] to kill server...

Tried to search around this, but couldnt find a whole lot. Suspecting something relate to sqlite. I checked permissions on install area, which look fine. Any idea ?

What PHP version and OS are you using? I haven't encountered this problem before but it sounds like an issue with your PHP/SQLite configuration.

If it's easier to communicate via email, feel free to email me at michael at phoronix.com.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Have you resolved this issue? I'm getting the same message (crash on line 90, SQLite3->__construct) on CentOS7. Is there something that _needs_ to be manually configured in user-config.xml - DB host, perhaps? Skimming through the docs I only see optional configuration.

Comment

Stepping into the code a bit, the SQLite3 constructor is called with READONLY flag, when there's no file yet. The flag is set by $read_only argument to the function.

Comment

Within latest Git is a change that might be addressed, if you can try it out. Thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael, the latest git code starts the server and creates the .db file without issues. Re-starting the server with the file already created also works. Haven't tested anything further though.

Comment

Working...
            X