Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an Automated PTS Live CD

Hello Guys, Phoronix is AWESOME.

I've been using the PTS Desktop LiveCD to do benchmarks and it's a great tool.

Now I'm looking at an automated way to Boot the machine, do certain benchmarks and reboot again.

I can't use the Phoromatic because the systems won't have internet access or an OS installed.

Basically I'm looking for a way to Boot, Run Benchmarks, Save the benchmarks somewhere in the localnetwork(SQL database would be optimal).
    Later view the benchmarks.

Is there a GIT repository for the PTS Desktop Live ?
    Anybody with the same goals ?

Hi,

It would be possible if you just modify the ISO so that the phoronix-test-suite starts up automatically in phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark <whatever suite or test(s) you want> after writing the batch mode configuration items (done via phoronix-test-suite batch-setup) to the user-config-defaults.xml file.

There is no PTS Desktop Live Git repository due to web server storage / bandwidth constraints and much of the package set being that from Ubuntu packages.

-- Michael
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello Michael, what are the scripts that you use to build the DVD.
      I would like to make the modifications.

Also about the way the data should be saved, what would you recommend so I could pull the reports later.

Thanks
      Charles

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hi,

It would be possible if you just modify the ISO so that the phoronix-test-suite starts up automatically in phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark <whatever suite or test(s) you want> after writing the batch mode configuration items (done via phoronix-test-suite batch-setup) to the user-config-defaults.xml file.

There is no PTS Desktop Live Git repository due to web server storage / bandwidth constraints and much of the package set being that from Ubuntu packages.

-- Michael

Comment

Originally posted by charlesrg View Post
        Hello Michael, what are the scripts that you use to build the DVD.
        I would like to make the modifications.

Also about the way the data should be saved, what would you recommend so I could pull the reports later.

Thanks
        Charles
        The scripts used to construct the OS are custom but not publicly available at this time.

For result storage the easiest way would be using your Phoromatic or Phoronix Global account and have it set to auto-upload.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          The scripts used to construct the OS are custom but not publicly available at this time.

For result storage the easiest way would be using your Phoromatic or Phoronix Global account and have it set to auto-upload.
          I see, using Phoromatic would be optimal but I don't have internet access on those servers.
          I'm building a CentOS minimal CD with Phoronix, next step will be saving the data. I think I probably write wraps to save to a mySQL database.

I appreciate your time Michael, thanks
          Charles.

Comment

Either saving it to a database would work or set it to automatically just archive ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/ externally.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
            X