Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to benchmark an external hard drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to benchmark an external hard drive?

Hello,

I'm trying to see the speed difference between the old firewire stack (ieee1394) and the new one (firewire-*) in kernel 2.6.30.
    So I installed pts 2.4 beta2 on my system and plugged my external firewire HD.
    However, if I try either the disk or filesystem suite, it is always tested on the HD where /home is ... How can I run it on the external hard drive?

Thanks in advance for any help provided on this.

How to benchmark an external hard drive

I looked up SimpleTech and it seems to be a really cool External Hard Drive, not your average run of the mill. Anyway, to delete your files, you can Access them by going to My Computer and deleting the files manually?

Comment

Originally posted by huygens_25 View Post
      Hello,

I'm trying to see the speed difference between the old firewire stack (ieee1394) and the new one (firewire-*) in kernel 2.6.30.
      So I installed pts 2.4 beta2 on my system and plugged my external firewire HD.
      However, if I try either the disk or filesystem suite, it is always tested on the HD where /home is ... How can I run it on the external hard drive?

Thanks in advance for any help provided on this.
      The easiest way would be to adjust the environment tag in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml to point from ~/,phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ to somewhere on your other drive.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X