X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tek3195
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It is accurate, but most users have little need of running every processor test. You are better off selecting just the tests of interest to you or a test with more narrow focus like 'creator' etc.
    I walked away for a while but installed again to give it a try. I followed your advice and selected creator, it needs 61GB of disk space for that one suite. If I do this I have to figure out how to direct phoronix to different drives on a prn basis. I have / and a /work directory on m.2 nvme, while home is on an ssd with additional bulk media storage on hdd. Will there be a simple way to benchmark a select drive only ? Also can I test write speed of a mounted drive, unlike gnome-disks that can't write to disk it's running from ?

Leave a comment:

• tek3195
    replied
    Ok, thanks for info. I'm still a little green, but, great work. Damn what an undertaking, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    It is accurate, but most users have little need of running every processor test. You are better off selecting just the tests of interest to you or a test with more narrow focus like 'creator' etc.

Leave a comment:

• tek3195
    started a topic processor suite to download 19972MB ???

processor suite to download 19972MB ???

Can this be correct ? I selected interactive then run a suite and selected pts/processor. It is now downloading and installing 209 files[19972MB] at a cost of 47.6 GB of disk space. This seems a bit excessive, is something wrong here?
Working...
X