Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 10 wreaking havoc on test compilations

Hi,

There's a significant number of tests which don't compile anymore on Linux distros that upgraded to GCC/G++ 10 (Fedora 32 for example). The main culprit is the -fno-common that is now active by default, triggering many "multiple definitions of [something]" errors.
    I managed to work around it by adding various environment variables or changing the test script to specify "-fcommon".

Unfortunately, I didn't write them down at the time I tested. I'll add them to this thread if I encounter them again (it's likely).
    I think pts/fio and pts/compress-7zip were failing, the first one because of -fno-common, and the second one for another reason, I had to use -w to make it happy.
    But basically try to install the suites of tests on Fedora 32 and it'll be plain as day.

Thanks, been working through some test profile updates. If you encounter a list of any others that are failing it would be helpful.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I see that you've updated a bunch of tests. Thanks!
      I'll let you know if I encounter any more.

Comment

pts/mysqlslap is also suffering from this problem:
        Code:
        mysqlslap-1.0.8/mariadb-10.3.8/extra/mariabackup/xbstream.c:48: multiple definition of `datasink_buffer'; CMakeFiles/mbstream.dir/ds_buffer.c.o:(.data.rel.local+0x0): first defined here
        collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
        And I don't know if this is related to GCC 10, but pts/compress-7zip fails with the following output on installation:
        Code:
        In file included from ../../../../CPP/Common/Common.h:8,
        from ../../../../CPP/myWindows/StdAfx.h:17,
        from ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:3:
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp: In function ‘UString NWindows::NError::MyFormatMessage(DWORD)’:
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:83:40: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147467263’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        83 | #define E_NOTIMPL ((HRESULT)0x80004001L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:18:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_NOTIMPL’
        18 | case E_NOTIMPL : txt = "E_NOTIMPL"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:84:44: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147467262’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        84 | #define E_NOINTERFACE ((HRESULT)0x80004002L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:19:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_NOINTERFACE’
        19 | case E_NOINTERFACE : txt = "E_NOINTERFACE"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:85:38: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147467260’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        85 | #define E_ABORT ((HRESULT)0x80004004L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:20:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_ABORT’
        20 | case E_ABORT : txt = "E_ABORT"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:86:37: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147467259’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        86 | #define E_FAIL ((HRESULT)0x80004005L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:21:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_FAIL’
        21 | case E_FAIL : txt = "E_FAIL"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:87:52: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147287039’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        87 | #define STG_E_INVALIDFUNCTION ((HRESULT)0x80030001L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:22:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘STG_E_INVALIDFUNCTION’
        22 | case STG_E_INVALIDFUNCTION : txt = "STG_E_INVALIDFUNCTION"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:88:44: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147024882’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        88 | #define E_OUTOFMEMORY ((HRESULT)0x8007000EL)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:23:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_OUTOFMEMORY’
        23 | case E_OUTOFMEMORY : txt = "E_OUTOFMEMORY"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ../../../../CPP/Common/MyWindows.h:89:43: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2147024809’ from ‘LONG’ {aka ‘int’} to ‘unsigned int’ [-Wnarrowing]
        89 | #define E_INVALIDARG ((HRESULT)0x80070057L)
        | ^
        ../../../../CPP/Windows/ErrorMsg.cpp:24:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘E_INVALIDARG’
        24 | case E_INVALIDARG : txt = "E_INVALIDARG"; break ;
        | ^~~~~~~~~~~~
        make[1]: *** [makefile.list:652: ErrorMsg.o] Error 1
        A quick & dirty workaround (but with no downside afaik) is to set the environment variable CC_EXE to -w:
        Code:
        export CC_EXE=-w
        Last edited by dismuter; 27 April 2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I'm transposing all the ongoing issues I found to GitHub issues
          Edit: done, you may delete this thread
          Last edited by dismuter; 02 May 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X