Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing and resulting on different disk types

Hi Guys,

We create logical drives before installing a windows Operating System and then run the phoronix testing suite. The results that are fed back to the phoromatic server just say "Size of logical drive".

Its my understanding that the disks are tested where the installed-tests directory is specified from within the config.

Due to us using multiple different types of servers with multiple types of disks, does anyone know an easy way to;
    a) Test different drives easily under the same testing suite (C:\ drive and D:\ Drive for example)
    b) Output what the hardware type of the disks tests are in the results export rather than just saying 'logical drive'?. Ideally if it is a SAS or SSD drive etc - make and model etc

Many Thanks

Originally posted by chosenv3 View Post
    Hi Guys,

We create logical drives before installing a windows Operating System and then run the phoronix testing suite. The results that are fed back to the phoromatic server just say "Size of logical drive".

Its my understanding that the disks are tested where the installed-tests directory is specified from within the config.

Due to us using multiple different types of servers with multiple types of disks, does anyone know an easy way to;
    a) Test different drives easily under the same testing suite (C:\ drive and D:\ Drive for example)
    b) Output what the hardware type of the disks tests are in the results export rather than just saying 'logical drive'?. Ideally if it is a SAS or SSD drive etc - make and model etc

Many Thanks
    On Linux you can change the <EnvironmentDirectory>~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/</EnvironmentDirectory> line within the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml file to specify an alternative location/folder to use for installing tests. On Windows it may work with some tinkering but isn't officially supported.

On Windows normally at least with conventional NVMe/SATA/PCIe drive installations it should correctly report the drive information. With your logical drive setup it sounds like something is going awry.

Patches would be welcome for either issue otherwise would engage on a commercial basis for any Windows support improvements.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Michael, are you aware of an Environment Variable that can override the 'EnvironmentDirectory' setting in the config? To save me from having to template it out?

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X