Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix test suite on offline machine

Hello

I read a few posts about the use case of phoronix test suite on an online machine, but I'm still confused about how to do it.
    I need to run pts/cpu on several offline machines with different architectures (i686 and x86_64)

I downloaded PTS 8.8.1 on a machine with internet connectivity.
    I installed pts/cpu on it.
    I ran make-download-cache.

I installed PTS 8.8.1 on my offline machine
    Then I copied /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/download-cache from my online machine to the offline machine.

I switched NoInternet parameter to TRUE in /etc/phoronix-test-suite.xml

When I run phoronix-test-suite install pts/cpu, the command fails with "pts/cpu: invalid argument"

I then proceeded to run make-openbenchmarking-cache on the online machine and copy everything in /var/lib/PTS except the /var/lib/PTS/install* directory (the one where the tests are compiled, because it's rather huge) to the offline machine.

I still get the same error.

I also tried to copy download-cache to ~/.phoronix-test-suite, but no change in behavior.

In my understanding, I need to copy the download cache and build the test suite (by running phoronix-test-suite install pts/cpu) on the offline machine (especially since I will run tests on different arch).
    But in practice, it's not enough since PTS on the offline machine does not see the tests suites.

What am I missing ?

I could copy the entire /var/lib/PTS, but
    1) it's big
    2) I need to do an installation on an online machine for each architecture I will test

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Nicolas

Hi,

All that was missing was to copy /var/cache/phoronix-test-suite to my offline machine.
    Things seems to be working now.

You can close this topic.

Comment

Thanks for following up. This could be useful to know.

Comment

Working...
      X