Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ow to display Performance FlameGraphs on Phoromatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ow to display Performance FlameGraphs on Phoromatic?

I have Phoronix Test Suite 7.6.0 installed on a MacOS Sierra, connected to the corresponding Phoromatic server on Ubuntu. I can successfully invoke the blogbench test from the server and check the results on the server.
    I would also like to see performance graphs such as those enabled by the module flamegrapher. I loaded this module on the MacOS client by running module-load flamegrapher and ran the blogbench test again. However, I don't see any extra graphs available on Phoromatic after this.
    What steps am I missing to see the performance graphs I want.
    Thanks,
    John

Hi John,

At the moment the FlameGraph module is a special-case scenario and its data isn't part of the Phoronix Test Suite results XML. So at the moment the data isn't supported by the Phoromatic Server. The interim measure would be to just have the FlameGrapher module loaded locally on the client systems and to capture the data manually via SSH/FTP or some other means. I haven't tested the FlameGraph support outside of Linux though to know of any other pecularities at the moment.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply Michael. That's disappointing news, I was really hoping the flame grapher module could provide information to the phoronix server. I'll take a look at what you suggested with SSH.
      Thanks,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X