KDE Celebrates Its 21st Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    I remember eagerly compiling KDE 1.1 on my DEC Alpha in 1999. I think it took a week to finish. Good times.
    I had one of the first EV6-BUS systems running Linux, then...;-)
    Started with 500 MHz, replaced soon with 750 MHz, 900 Mhz and then T-Bird 1 Ghz.

Comment

I remember first using KDE 2 on Slowlaris fifteen years ago. I've preferred it over Gnome ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Also I would like to see processes and their children groupped together, for example Firefox and Chromium which nowadays spread their work into multiple processes and it's hard to see a combined value of their CPU and memory usage.
        Anyway, great work and big thank you for the developers!
        Not really KDE, but there's htop.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Not really KDE, but there's htop.
          With Yakuake (KDE native drop-down terminal) to call down a terminal with a keyboard shortcut htop is best "task manager" ever (mouse clicks are also supported).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            With Yakuake (KDE native drop-down terminal) to call down a terminal with a keyboard shortcut htop is best "task manager" ever (mouse clicks are also supported).
            Ha, didn't know about Yakuake. It doesn't seem to work nice with multiple desktops, but I think it's neat anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X