Witcher 2 & Rocket League Get Fixed Up With Mesa 17.2 Git On RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cevito View Post

Mesa developers already get all games on Steam for free.
    as Luke_wolf mentioned, that is up to the publishers to provide. Feral interactive gives full access to anyone with more than 25 mesa commits.

Comment

Originally posted by cevito View Post
      Mesa developers already get all games on Steam for free.
      They got the Stuff from Valve and not every Title.

Comment

It’s a little more detailed than Mesa devs get all “all games” on a steam.

Valve & Feral have exactly the same offer in place. If you’re a Mesa developer who has made 25 commits in the last few years then you can contact Valve / Feral and request a key to get access to that companies games.

So for Valve they get all Valve developed games but not every game on Steam!

At Feral we provide all our games on Linux, the key is updated with new games when we release them so all qualifying Mesa developers got access to Dawn Of War 3 a couple of weeks ago when it shipped for example.

We also collaborate with Mesa developers ahead of new releases to get new features or bugs fixed for release day or as soon as possible after release. Dawn Of War 3 for example needs a brand new feature that will come in Mesa 17.2, once that ships Dawn Of War 3 will get official support on AMD GPUs.

Other companies have been known to provide individual keys for single games to help with bugs but right now only Valve and Feral have a public offer for their entire catalogue as long as you’re eligible.

Comment

Just built Mesa from source, and can confirm that it indeed fixes the issue with The Witcher 2 (couldn't test Rocket League, it's not on GOG).

Comment

I thought this was fixed for Witcher 2 ages ago..

Certainly i remember a huge improvement in the game going from mesa 13 to 17.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post

Certainly i remember a huge improvement in the game going from mesa 13 to 17.
              It was fixed partially (before it was much worse). But it still occasionally occurred until this fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                It is just relased ages ago 3+ years ago for Linux and 6+ years ago for Windows... OK 5+ for Enhanced

In a year when people already celabrated 2 years since Witcher 3 release

But better ever than never and better something than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  In a year when people already celabrated 2 years since Witcher 3 release
                  Witcher 3 in Wine:

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    Witcher 3 in Wine:
                    Witcher 3 on SteamOS for these who remember

I think this is the most recent one (wine staging and patched), there is obvious render bugs still and performance difference... there is a long very long time until these two are there, if ever . Because historically better hardware comes first so on perefromance no one care, etc...

But again OK, better something than nothing
                    Last edited by dungeon; 25 June 2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      I think this is the most recent one (wine staging and patched), there is obvious render bugs still and performance difference... there is a long very long time until these two are there, if ever .
                      I'm testing it with wine git and those patches. Józef Kucia was doing most of the work on DX11 in Wine, and now he probably took some break, so most recent Wine didn't have anything new regarding it.

Other than those glitches it works pretty well, but improving performance could be useful. It's quite CPU intensive at the moment, even with CSMT.

Comment

Working...
                      X