Battle for Wesnoth 1.13.7 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moilami View Post
    This is an excellent game, can recommend it with a hand on my heart.
    If you're into the genre.
    Because in the world of Angry Birds and Candy Crush, who wastes time planning attacks these days?

Comment

This is an excellent game, can recommend it with a hand on my heart.
      Do you own Civilization 5 or Civilization 6 and still prefer Battle for Wesnoth over it? Does anybody? I have played it a little bit before, but with Steam out on Linux there is a lot of great games available

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post

Do you own Civilization 5 or Civilization 6 and still prefer Battle for Wesnoth over it? Does anybody? I have played it a little bit before, but with Steam out on Linux there is a lot of great games available
        I own both, and Wesnoth is both shorter(as in, I might actually finish matches on some maps in one sitting) and simpler in many ways. I've only ever played Civ 5 and 6, but they both always seemed to have this odd thing going where there was simultaneously tons of stuff going on, and yet also very little going on at the same time. Age of Wonders 3 would be a closer call.

Also, on a side note, Wesnoth will be coming to Steam with the 1.14 release.

Comment

Civ series and Wesnoth aren't even the same game type. Who had hex combat tiling first? Who cares? A fun game's a fun game and when I play Civ 6 (fives's crap and after playing lots of six, finding it increasingly boring as well).

I just reinstalled this game only a week ago after five years without (played it for over ten). I rediscovered a game that doesn't test mechanics with a new label and exclude content that should have been part of release but was made a cash grab.
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post

I have Civ 5 and I have far more hours on Wesnoth They are both strategy games, Civ is more grand strategy and Wesnoth is more tactical strategy. Wesnoth can even be a puzzle game in some maps on harder difficulties All in all they are apples and oranges in Strategy gaming niche, so not directly comparable. One day I want to eat an apple and then another day an orange

Steam is fine, I have most hours in Total Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

If you're into the genre.
              Because in the world of Angry Birds and Candy Crush, who wastes time planning attacks these days?
              Naturally if you are into the genre. But even if not, I think one should try out Wesnoth. No money will be wasted and who knows if it gives a few hours of fun or more. I have watched a friend playing horricrap Android games, Wesnoth would beat them all if ported to Android

Comment

Naturally if you are into the genre. But even if not, I think one should try out Wesnoth. No money will be wasted and who knows if it gives a few hours of fun or more. I have watched a friend playing horricrap Android games, Wesnoth would beat them all if ported to Android
                You're in luck then.

Comment

Working...
                X