Valve's Steam Controller With SteamOS/Linux Support Is Now Listed For Just $35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
    Is it possible to use it without steam now? It's useless if it doesn't (to me).
    Yes, sc-controller works well for me.
    sc-controller - User-mode driver and GTK3 based GUI for Steam Controller

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      XArcade board by chance?
      No, I've got the Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PS3. dmesg output says it's detected as "MadCatz PC USB Wired Stick 8838". Lots of people have issues with it being incompatible with various USB controllers, but my MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard just happens to have one port on it which is compatible. I generally just use it to play Skull Girls, as I haven't fired up the PS3 for gaming in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ananace View Post
        My only problem with the Steam Controller is that I had to apply some window rules to the on-screen keyboard they use with it, and every now and then Steam crashes when using it. (The on-screen keyboard that is)

It's actually become my go-to for playing slower paced FPSes nowadays, a stick gives much better movement potential and the trackpads are accurate enough for most games, just probably not multiplayer Quake or such.
        For fast & furious FPS nothing beat the keyboard-mouse combo, so that in most multi-platform games consoles players are separated from PC players.

Comment

Working...
        X