Red Hat Announces RHEL AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
    Reminder that RedHat has ties to the NSA and they are the company running xkeyscore and mass surveillance for them.
    They are owned by IBM. They worked for the nazis too!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Your trolling disrupts the community and wastes everyone's time. It's time to reflect on your actions and consider the impact they have on others. Instead of contributing to the negativity, why not use your energy for something constructive? Your behavior is pushing people away from this forum, but I'm choosing to focus on more productive endeavors. Let's all strive for a more positive and informative environment.

Trolling is a drain on our forum and respect is non-negotiable. Your actions stifle meaningful dialogue and it's high time for a change. Let's channel our energies into constructive discussions. Michael, perhaps it's time to consider moderation action to preserve the integrity of our community.

Harness your passion constructively; dive into programming and transform your potential into Phoronix's next breakthrough. It's a productive path worth exploring.​
      I mean, he can sometimes be a dick, but in this thread you are the one being such. Something something batman quote

Comment

but they deserve some credit for the priceless comedy of trying to make RHEL the go to workstation for AI while refusing to support or ship the most important hardware drivers for AI.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
          Reminder that RedHat has ties to the NSA and they are the company running xkeyscore and mass surveillance for them.
          Reading about Red Hat, IBM and this Matthew guy from Fedora - I get really bad vibes - do you have any alternatives to suggest? It seems that ppl are running out of options and if they care..... I was thinking about Tumblweed or even Arch - please tell me they're not as bad as the Red Hat branch????!?!?

Comment

I thought you were gonna leave....

Comment

Originally posted by geerge View Post

I mean, he can sometimes be a dick, but in this thread you are the one being such. Something something batman quote
              lol man oolder always bettr, jus like good ol x10 stuff be4 those x11 nonsens and ugh rust jsut stinks javascript is where its all at why u even like oop its all just overhypd trash, u gnomies dont even know whats good real talk gnome more liek no home, and you kommunist act all high and mighty but aint got no sense for the kool klassics, age aint nuthin but a number but this 45 year old systems engineer knows the score

Comment

Your trolling disrupts the community and wastes everyone's time. It's time to reflect on your actions and consider the impact they have on others. Instead of contributing to the negativity, why not use your energy for something constructive? Your behavior is pushing people away from this forum, but I'm choosing to focus on more productive endeavors. Let's all strive for a more positive and informative environment.

Trolling is a drain on our forum and respect is non-negotiable. Your actions stifle meaningful dialogue and it's high time for a change. Let's channel our energies into constructive discussions. Michael, perhaps it's time to consider moderation action to preserve the integrity of our community.

Harness your passion constructively; dive into programming and transform your potential into Phoronix's next breakthrough. It's a productive path worth exploring.​
                Meanwhile avis/volta/weasel/all the other keyboard warriors remain endlessly posting drivel without consequence

there is no saving the forum, he's doing gods work by polluting the database with shit content

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

Meanwhile avis/volta/weasel/all the other keyboard warriors remain endlessly posting drivel without consequence

there is no saving the forum, he's doing gods work by polluting the database with shit content
                  Touché!

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    I hope this leads to a Desktop AI where I can treat my Linux PC like it's something out of Star Trek. With the right hardware there are some really neat things being done on Windows like being able to talk to the AI and have it come up with 3D printed parts and automating a task from a couple of sentences. The problem is that I just don't trust talking to Windows.

I'd like to be able to do the same with a Linux DE. Plug in my camera and say "Sync all the new RAWs from the camera and process them with Preset A, except use Preset B on the last 10." while I can go off and do other things. Yeah, I can script that, but I'd rather just tell the PC a couple of sentences and go on about my day.

It's fucking ironic that I'm typing this from Windows 11. I'm gonna play Elden Ring later and I prefer running anticheat mods to use Flawless Widescreen in offline mode on Windows.

As far as the subtopic goes, AI doesn't bother me when used for automation and removing repetitive tasks. Even art doesn't bother me to a certain extent. It's the quick and crappy art where the "artist" doesn't bother having the AI fix the fine details and mistakes that bothers me. IMHO, that says more about the artist than it does the AI they're using. It shows that no matter how good of technology you're using, you have to have the eye for it, your style, whatever y'all want to call it, if you don't have it you don't have it. $100,000 in premium tools won't turn a slacker into a craftsman. They'll just help the slacker produce crap faster.

I'm tabling the capitalism elephant. Modern law and the free market is barely able to handle the ​internet and the increase in productivity and the need for fewer workers in regards to more profits due to modern tools, statistics, logistics, and efficiencies. I fear what AI will do to us if left unchecked.
                    Linux and its graphical desktop tacked-on bits are still stuck in a computing paradigm from the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Linux and its graphical desktop tacked-on bits are still stuck in a computing paradigm from the 90s.
                      well, you can still run it on hardware from the 90s, many large enterprises still do.

meanwhile, on nvidia/FC39/X11 and a PSVR headset you can pick up for $100 these days.

Ill never forget the first time I had that "omfg Im in the cockpit of a spitfire/744 feeling". 6 years now, still no less intense, more so since everything got so much better
                      Last edited by mSparks; 07 May 2024, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X