Valve Working On Explicit Sync Support For "NVK" NVIDIA Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by and.elf View Post

What? Sure they are. A750 now performs at the same level as rx7600 and 4070 in many tasks, while being cheaper, though at a bit higher power draw.
    The least delusional intel fanboy

Comment

Really hope we see it get wired up for android soon, It's going to be nice to have NVK for waydroid and BlissOS.

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
      This means Intel is totally screwed.
      how so? I've been using the A380 for gaming for more then a while now and it's been great​

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
        Really hope we see it get wired up for android soon, It's going to be nice to have NVK for waydroid and BlissOS.

how so? I've been using the A380 for gaming for more then a while now and it's been great​
        Show me some Halo Infinite, Minecraft Legends, Starfield gameplay on your gpu

Comment

Intel is also still slowed to a crawl once you enable TSR in UE5, and XeSS matrix core path isn't even available on Linux.
          By far the worst for gaming on either OS.

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
            Show me some Halo Infinite, Minecraft Legends, Starfield gameplay on your gpu
            Are any of these capable of trial free (legitmately or not)? I've mostly been playing warframe lately, but I played through a bit of Halo 1 and 2 from the MC collection. I haven't bothered with any of those games since they didn't look to be that good so im not going to go pay for them, but if they can be aquired for free I can try them.

is it a vkd3d issue you are having? they are all newer titles so I wouldnt be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Are any of these capable of trial free (legitmately or not)? I've mostly been playing warframe lately, but I played through a bit of Halo 1 and 2 from the MC collection. I haven't bothered with any of those games since they didn't look to be that good so im not going to go pay for them, but if they can be aquired for free I can try them.

is it a vkd3d issue you are having? they are all newer titles so I wouldnt be surprised.
              You can try Halo Infinite, it's got free multiplayer, but spoiler alert, arc can't run it.
              And yeah, overall vkd3d support and performance sucks balls on arc. All games you mentioned are gigaold, when you buy a new gpu you expect it to run new games.

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

You can try Halo Infinite, it's got free multiplayer, but spoiler alert, arc can't run it.
                And yeah, overall vkd3d support and performance sucks balls on arc. All games you mentioned are gigaold, when you buy a new gpu you expect it to run new games.
                I mean, I got an arc gpu expecting it to not be usable until the series after the next generation cards came out, so Arc more then blew me away in that regard. I have also confirmed that the finals works, but the cheating issue was so bad I dropped it after two games so it's not really a great stress test

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
                  Whatever happened to Nvidia's R515 open source driver line?
                  Wasn't that just a case of "To get access to GPL-only kernel APIs and possibly to please big customers who want more freedom to modify their kernel APIs, we've cleared it with legal to do GPL-compatible code dumps of the kernel-side portion of our binary driver with no source for the userland side and no effort to expose a stable ABI"?

I thought I remembered reading that it was basically "we've moved the binary driver's kernel-side components into the GSP firmware, so now the GPL condom is the entirety of the kernel module" without any effort to expose a stable ABI for the userland.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Makes me wonder if we're going to see a Tegra-based Steam Deck in the future.
                    Doubt it. Unless Nvidia suddenly makes an x86 Tegra chip. It's far more likely we'll see a new Steam Machine with Nvidia graphics. This was also probably the final blocker for a public SteamOS 3.x release.
                    Last edited by LockedPotato; 04 May 2024, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                      Wasn't that just a case of "To get access to GPL-only kernel APIs and possibly to please big customers who want more freedom to modify their kernel APIs, we've cleared it with legal to do GPL-compatible code dumps of the kernel-side portion of our binary driver with no source for the userland side and no effort to expose a stable ABI"?

I thought I remembered reading that it was basically "we've moved the binary driver's kernel-side components into the GSP firmware, so now the GPL condom is the entirety of the kernel module" without any effort to expose a stable ABI for the userland.
                      Oh, I don't remember.

I'm just thinking it seems like the open source R515 and whatever new updates have come to it have been far and few inbetween, and Nvidia has been more than happy to let Valve, Collabora and whomever else do all of the heavy open source lifting resulting in NVK. NVK seems to be always getting new stuff.

Did NVK start out as a fork of R515?

Comment

Working...
                      X