Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE's Amarok 3.0 Music Player Released After Six Year Hiatus - Now Ported To Qt5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skerit View Post
    I still miss Amarok 1.4 from time to time.
    That's why we have clementine

Comment

If it's so easy to jump from from five to six, why not simply go straight to six?

Except the fact someone has been supporting five now almost since it was released, I suppose.

And as said above, there's a strange attraction to 1.4. Not sure Clementine fit the bill or Od be using it.

Music players took a weird turn and all tried to become some sort of Windows Media Player-like 'thing', and we've lost ridiculously simple feature's, such as sort and select options in favour of, well, I don't know what. It gets boring having others force their shit down your throat.

WinAMP even still has better sort options at times! (Sorry, had to drop a 90's bomb)
      Last edited by stiiixy; 30 April 2024, 06:14 AM.
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
        Very cool, but doesn't seem featureful or customisable enough for me to give up ol DeaDBeeF. Fantastic player, that
        https://deadbeef.sourceforge.io/
        I also liked it very much especially for letting you choose and configure the output module(s) rather easy. But tons of issues on Arch and using KDE made it actually unuseable for me

Comment

Aaaahhhhh good old Amarok!!! Nothing comes close to it (from what i've tried...)
          This is music to my ears!!!

Still... i'll have to wait for the KDE6 port...

But i now have high hopes for this!!! Would be great to have it return into good shape!!!
          Last edited by Mavman; 30 April 2024, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theringoffire View Post

I also liked it very much especially for letting you choose and configure the output module(s) rather easy. But tons of issues on Arch and using KDE made it actually unuseable for me
            Also loved the player back when for these features in particular. Going to at least give Amarok a quick run sometime this year, for old times sake if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

I was looking into porting KRegExpEditor from Qt 3 last summer. It was too big a gap. Qt 3 days was a different time, man.
              Maybe you will like to see some recent changes that have been made:

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You're using Discover and trying to blame someone else? That's rich.
                I don't understand, can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

Maybe you will like to see some recent changes that have been made:

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kre...ref_type=HEADS
                  Neat

Comment

Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post

I don't understand, can you elaborate?
                    Discover is dysfunctional by design. It's like the brain child of Picasso and Ionesco. The sooner you put some distance between you two, the better you'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by skerit View Post
                      I still miss Amarok 1.4 from time to time.
                      Strawberry that was mentioned in this thread is Amarok 1.4 fork that is actively maintained and ported to newer Qt versions. There is nothing to miss, it's still there in all its glory.

Comment

Working...
                      X