KDE Fixes Adaptive-Sync Issues & Less Glitches During GPU Resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Heh. When hard drives make it look like it's 1kb=1024b on the box and you find out it's 1kb=1000b when you format it so your 2TB drive ends up being 1.8TB . Bastards
    Really **** me off too that!

Bought a supposed 4tb drive to discover that it's actually 3.64 ish.

Not sure how they are getting away with it!

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
      Not sure how they are getting away with it!
      It's the units, it's not like they're lying?

​​​​​​How often do you see a device sold with the capacity in IEC (binary) unit of measurement? (eg TiB, TebiByte), instead you see the more familiar SI units (decimal, base 10, 1,000x scales) like TB (Terabyte).

The computer then displays the capacity in TiB and you feel cheated? Now you can view it as TB and will feel better that the capacity better matches as advertised, even though nothing really changed physically? 🤷‍♂️

Windows I think has been misleading on that front though iirc, and would present the units incorrectly. So you might get TB displayed but it's actually in TiB, which is misleading and confused users more.

So 4TB should be 4 trillion bytes, which is much easier for us to think about than binary prefix (IEC) with `(1024^4)*4` 😅 plus for marketing SI prefix is a bigger number anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

This is a game changer!!! What a brilliant innovation!!!

I much prefer that she keeps working the way she currently does, once she starts working correctly she is going to want a raise.

Here the KDE team is missing a golden opportunity. What they should do is add code that when stuttering is detected a pop up window appears that asks rhetorically "Did i stutter?".

Another bad idea, if you reduce the number of visual glitches, how will people know they are using KDE?
        What a lame attempt at sarcasm!
        I just donated another 20 bucks to KDE to at least show some appreciation. They produced something instead of making stupid comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
          What a lame attempt at sarcasm!

I just donated another 20 bucks to KDE to at least show some appreciation. They produced something instead of making stupid comments.
          Wait, 20 bucks or 20 Euros? Last time you claimed donated 20 Euros, if you only donated 20 bucks this time then due to the currency exchange rate, you actually donated less.

But you keep throwing money like this at them you will surely go broke in no time.

I implore you to think of your finances.

Comment

Wait, 20 bucks or 20 Euros? Last time you claimed donated 20 Euros, if you only donated 20 bucks this time then due to the currency exchange rate, you actually donated less.

But you keep throwing money like this at them you will surely go broke in no time.

I implore you to think of your finances.
            They got the donation, I got the software, they produce, and I use. And, what is your function here or anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
              They got the donation, I got the software, they produce, and I use. And, what is your function here or anywhere?
              We know what your function is, to donate somewhere between 19 and 20 dollars to KDE every once in a while.

I bet you think you're making a difference don't you? You donate, assuming you really do, and you tell yourself what a great guy you are for carting and helping the cause, don't you?

Let me ask you, how much did you donate to Saint Jude's Children's Hospital?

Or Shriners' Hospital?

Or any real charity of that matter?

Seriously, what do you see your function here as?

Comment

I wonder why there's no KDE haters in the KDE threads, when there's Gnome/GTK haters in pretty much every Gnome/GTK thread.

Comment

Since sidegrading to a 7900 XTX about a month ago I've been getting a lot of flickering and hard crashes in fullscreen applications (including YouTube) when VRR is enabled. Is this fix related to that, or is that something differnet? I was under the impression that this was some issue with the RX 7000 driver more broadly as Windows users of this card are also reporting VRR-related BSODs.

Comment

I bet you think you're making a difference don't you?
                    Everyone who contributes makes a difference.

Someone who donates money, time, skills or other resources, even makes a positive difference.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
                      I wonder why there's no KDE haters in the KDE threads, when there's Gnome/GTK haters in pretty much every Gnome/GTK thread.
                      Maybe it's because the KDE project manager does interact with users on this forum and there is nothing wrong with KDE that lots of money and a project leader with some balls can't fix.

If the KDE project had the balls, and the money, to do the following:

1) Eliminate any code contribution from volunteers.

2) Hire 3 professional programmers with a minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science from a respected school.

3) Stop any further development of KDE, no new features until all the current big reports have been closed and the final product has been field tested for at least 6 months.

KDE would be fantastic.

Gnome can not be fixed, they had a memory leak for 10 years that they ignored, told us was our imagination, that we were trolling, that they couldn't replicate it, that it was fixed, until it after a decade it was.

Not to mention all the idiocy that surrounds the development of the project, like those stupid guidelines for how many indentation code contributions are allowed to have so that you do not "disrespect" the Gnome developers.

Gnome and KDE are not equivalent, KDE can be fixed, Gnome is hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                      X