No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel Patched For Branch History Injection "BHI" Intel CPU Vulnerability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Patched For Branch History Injection "BHI" Intel CPU Vulnerability

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Patched For Branch History Injection "BHI" Intel CPU Vulnerability

Disclosed back in March 2022 was Branch History Injection (BHI) as a new Spectre vulnerability affecting Intel and Arm CPUs. Then in July of 2022 were patches for Intel working on hardware-based prevention for Spectre-BHI attacks. Now two years later the Linux kernel is seeing mitigations added for the native Branch History Injection vulnerability...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any performance implications?

Comment

mitigations=off i915.mitigations=off
      ​

Comment

The good thing about the chip war is that we might see cheaper, better and more secure Chinese CPUs in the future.

That American and Israeli bullshit full of backdoors and vulnerabilities is already getting old. The whole world is waiting for a replacement.
        This alone makes me already support Xi Jinping.

Comment

And it gets pretty clear that not only your personal view on Gnome is... special.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
            The good thing about the chip war is that we might see cheaper, better and more secure Chinese CPUs in the future.

That American and Israeli bullshit full of backdoors and vulnerabilities is already getting old. The whole world is waiting for a replacement.
            Then I guess you're fine with Chinese CPU's having their own backdoor spyware so that Xi Jinping can see what type of p*rn you watch..

But hey, +500 social credit points to you. You must be very hungry for those sweet sweet social credit points.
            Last edited by user1; 09 April 2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Let's just hope it happens before we all be abducted by space aliens.

Comment

I really wish someone would sue Intel into oblivion for the overpriced broken garbage they have been selling. Unfortunately european law is not as effective as U.S. class action suits.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a bit of a leap. Maybe just use RISC-V? You can just be normal without all the simping.

Comment

I also like how even this many years later nobody is even planning on maybe fixing the hardware. "lets just keep making new shit the same way and here maybe you can have a microcode update once in a while and some lunix patches to slow your computer down by 5000% thats good enough right?"

Comment

Working...
                    X