SDL3 Will Keep Wayland Default At Least For The Time Being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

You should be a very busy guy to fill six screens of work. Thank you for sparing your time for this forum. That is xorg for you then and it is not going anywhere. Lucky you!
    Its called multitasking. another thing wayland isnt good for, you should learn about it.

I get the impression a lot of wayland devs and proponents come from a windows background where that never caught on.

Also seems like we cant go more than a few days without someone raving that wayland might be able to do something soon X11 was doing far more efficiently 30 years ago.

Comment

X11 is full of features I never need and that network server capability is not I feel secure about. It's clunky and countless configuration files are I would never want to touch after using it 30 years. I am done with it, it is gone for me. I know Wayland has shortcomings but all my needs are covered right now. It is small and to the point feature list is just enough, exactly what I need on a modern computer. Sorry but I really have no interest in your concerns as I know X11 is still available for you to use. Have fun!

BTW, multi monitor is possible in Wayland too. Here is a guide to implement via QT. I don't know if Plasma has a 6-monitor-useable configuration and I don't want to know. I multitask on a 43 inch 4K display.
      Last edited by mrg666; 29 March 2024, 07:28 AM.

Comment

X11 is full of features I never need and that network server capability is not I feel secure about. It's clunky and countless configuration files are I would never want to touch after using it 30 years. I am done with it, it is gone for me. I know Wayland has shortcomings but all my needs are covered right now. It is small and to the point feature list is just enough, exactly what I need on a modern computer. Sorry but I really have no interest in your concerns as I know X11 is still available for you to use. Have fun!

BTW, multi monitor is possible in Wayland too. Here is a guide to implement via QT. I don't know if Plasma has a 6-monitor-useable configuration and I don't want to know. I multitask on a 43 inch 4K display.
        All of which says you would be better using a mac or a mobile phone/chromebook if you are to poor to by apple, and lack the skills to build a powersystem on linux.

wayland is never ever going to compete with any of them, and is nowhere near them today.

Comment

that network server capability is not I feel secure about
          Nobody uses that capability anymore.
          If a remote client connects it is via tunneling through a secure transport such as SSH, which connects to the X11 servers unix domain socket and not the TCP one.

I don't know if Plasma has a 6-monitor-useable configuration
          Don't see why it would not be able to handle that. It works fine with my 3 monitor setup

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

All of which says you would be better using a mac or a mobile phone/chromebook if you are to poor to by apple, and lack the skills to build a powersystem on linux.

wayland is never ever going to compete with any of them, and is nowhere near them today.
            I don't remember asking your recommendation. Keep that to yourself, Idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
              Nobody uses that capability anymore.
              If a remote client connects it is via tunneling through a secure transport such as SSH, which connects to the X11 servers unix domain socket and not the TCP one.

Don't see why it would not be able to handle that. It works fine with my 3 monitor setup
              Nobody ever used "the linux desktop"
              linux HPC GUI is pretty much 100% of Linux use, which is 100% X11.

SSH is all tcp sockets, but generally an HPC cluster wont waste cycles on SSH for much. AWS backend for example runs a lot on XEN afaik.

none of them care about defaults, and RHEL itself was depreciated by the industry after RHEL8.
              Last edited by mSparks; 29 March 2024, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I don't remember asking your recommendation. Keep that to yourself, Idiot!
                if you dont care what other people think about your problems, maybe posting them on web forums isnt the best use of your time

Comment

if you dont care what other people think about your problems, maybe posting them on web forums isnt the best use of your time
                  Oh I see, giving your stupid recommendations to people who don't care is best use of your time, I guess. You suck!

I don't have *any* problems.
                  Last edited by mrg666; 29 March 2024, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I don't have *any* problems.
                    you just said linux is full of features you dont need and make you feel insecure.

on a linux forum.

Looks like you got a lot of problems tbh.

Comment

you just said linux is full of features you dont need and make you feel insecure.

on a linux forum.

Looks like you got a lot of problems tbh.
                      What are you? Get away from me, moron! I am not buying.

Comment

Working...
                      X