Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Engineer Sends Rust Linux Kernel Patches For In-Place Module Initialization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, first comment made almost all comments off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post
      Lol, first comment made almost all comments off topic.
      That is called: "applied psychology". It works surprisingly well - not only in this forum here.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post
        You should be able to continue using the web version. There are also other unofficial ones if you want to go that way.
        I've just opened my linux-chrome-web-teams. I now have a message on the upper part of my teams webpage:
        "The classic version of Teams will soon be unavailable. To use the new version of Teams, update your browser to meet the requirements or contact your IT administrator. See requirements".

On the requirement website they naturally only mention windows.

Did i understand it right? Is microsoft really preparing to block teams as a webpage as windows only??

Comment

Originally posted by lethalwp View Post

Did i understand it right? Is microsoft really preparing to block teams as a webpage as windows only??
          /facepalm

Comment

I have noticed on several other occasions on other tech forums, claims that Microsoft contributed to Linux code in a specific instance, with no mention of any other contributors - a strange and unlikely scenario.

However in this case, was Microsoft the "only" contributor of Rust code to kernel?, and if not why were the other contributors not indicated and kernel administrator Linux Torvalds not sought out for comment.

Personally, I suspect that many of these Microsoft only contribution stories have biased marketing attached underneath, which would be sinister and detrimental to the "open" concept of tranparency of Linux and Open Source Software community.

Note, I an a keen observer of this specific area - Microsoft propaganda , regarding Linux, as technology profession, once part of IBM Partnerworld, and representative of
            SUSE Linux, all for over twenty five year period..

Comment

Working...
            X