NVIDIA 525.78.01 Linux Driver Released With Support For The GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

Hibernation also works for me after setting the flags, despite everything else I complained previously.
    Hibernation also works for me, but not with this flag, so I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

Really? Weirdly, I have no problem at all on benchmarks, either on Linux or Windows, except for Superposition Game Mode locking itself to 12fps on Linux Numbers look fine on everything, and everything on Windows latest drivers is fine too.
      possibly/probably fixed since, cant find the source.

Comment

Come on Nvidia, give me an XX30 series card that can do hardware video encoding and decoding already.

I'm not a gamer and I have no freaking need for a XX50 series card or better.

Comment

heres one from the latest phoronix benching

Comment

Good news is that this driver adds support for kernel 6.2.0-rc*.

Why does this matter? Because 6.2 finally supports 165 Hz refresh on my laptop. So if your laptop's Intel iGPU won't support higher refresh rates on a panel that's capable, try 6.2.

It's been an ongoing issue that was fixed a ways back (less than a year ago)... But they've still been discovering more corner cases to fix.

With this Nvidia driver update, I finally can run my laptop at 165 Hz while also using my Nvidia discrete GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              Come on Nvidia, give me an XX30 series card that can do hardware video encoding and decoding already.
              2019 I bought gtx1030 to have modern hardware accelerated 4k video decoding.

Got it working just this week. Vaapi and Firefox, finally.

I totally agree with you. I couldn't care less for computer gaming, but please make web browser and desktop acceleration work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by veikok View Post

2019 I bought gtx1030 to have modern hardware accelerated 4k video decoding.

Got it working just this week. Vaapi and Firefox, finally.

I totally agree with you. I couldn't care less for computer gaming, but please make web browser and desktop acceleration work properly.
                I want encode and decode. Not just decode.

It's ridiculous that I have to use my mini PC with an Apollo Lake processor to do video encode with VAAPI because it's faster than with a 20 core Xeon doing software encoding.

Comment

Working...
                X