Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many New Features On The Horizon For Linux 6.2

Phoronix: The Many New Features On The Horizon For Linux 6.2

While Linux 6.1 is introducing many new features, for the Linux 6.2 merge window beginning next week there is a lot more on tap. Linux 6.2 has a lot of exciting additions expected from new low-level software features, continuing to lay more Rust code, new hardware support, stable Intel Arc Graphics support, and a ton more. Here is an early look at some of what is expected...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-6.2-Early-Features

SO, with Linux 6.1 being the 2022 LTS and the *BSD building their DRM off of the yearly LTS, does that mean we have to wait a whole year for Alchemist graphics being stable in them since that is not coming till Linux 6.2? Or will that be backported to a 6.1 point release?

Comment

Michael

And "Implement writeback mechanism for zsmalloc"

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
        SO, with Linux 6.1 being the 2022 LTS and the *BSD building their DRM off of the yearly LTS, does that mean we have to wait a whole year for Alchemist graphics being stable in them since that is not coming till Linux 6.2? Or will that be backported to a 6.1 point release?
        I doubt it will be backported in mainline kernel, but distros can do that

Comment

For my usage, I'm probably most excited about the idle / low usage power improvements, Rust, Apple hardware, and RDNA3.

Comment

Working...
          X