Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL Tries Again To Prefer Wayland Over X11

Phoronix: SDL Tries Again To Prefer Wayland Over X11

At the start of the year SDL attempted to prefer Wayland over X.Org/X11 thanks to the maturing Wayland support for this widely-used software/hardware abstraction layer by numerous cross-platform games. But that change was later reverted over ecosystem challenges around Wayland. Now as we approach the end of the year, SDL is again trying to prefer Wayland over X11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good!

Comment

I wonder if the libdecor bug has been fixed, I hope so. client side decore is pretty broken with it ATM for me

Comment

Does 3.0 have a target date?

Comment

I just tested with few simple games like Xonotic and it works fine on Wayland, but still couldn't manage to make it open in full screen on second screen. I can move it around like any other window, but then changing resolution brings it back to the first output it can find.

Comment

Rest in piss x11😎

Comment

From popular cross platform games which supports Linux I believe Albion Online uses SDL. May be they will first to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                Rest in piss x11😎
                How modern of you.

Comment

Sounds like what I do once every second year, ie try to run Wayland instead of x11. Either it doesn’t work at all, crashes after a few minutes, or has some weird bug(s) that make it unusable. And then I go back to x11 again.

Last time for me, which was around half a year ago, Steam Remote Play refused to work with Wayland, regardless of all the various combinations of pipewire launch options I tried. Perhaps next summer it’ll actially be usable on my desktop rig.

Comment

Can't wait to test Torchlight 2 with 3.0

Comment

Working...
                    X