KDE Ending Out November With UI Improvements, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Ending Out November With UI Improvements, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Ending Out November With UI Improvements, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

The US Thanksgiving week showed no signs of slowing down the global KDE development with there being many user interface improvements, bug fixes, and other improvements to have landed for this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

KDE rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      KDE rocks!
      They've implemented more Wayland fixes than any other DE.

Comment

It needs more fixes as it has more bugs than any other DE.

Comment

KHamburgerMenu

KDE is getting both better and worse at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by guglovich View Post
            KHamburgerMenu

Better. KHamburgerMenu is an OPTION. It doesn't show if you have the menu bar visible and can be removed from the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by guglovich View Post
              KHamburgerMenu

Definitely. Now my reboot and shutdown buttons no longer work.

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
                It needs more fixes as it has more bugs than any other DE.
                Also, more features..

Comment

Why do they keep working on that Dragon Player crap when we already have much better KDE video players, like Haruna?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Also, more features..
                    Recently one of the KDE devs made a video about the request to stop introducing new features in KDE and focus only on bug fixes. Basically, his main point was that if they'll completely stop working on features, that means their product will stop gaining attraction. Well, I'm not sure I completely agree on this because if we take MacOS as an example, OS X Snow Leopard released in 2009 had almost zero new features compared to Leopard that was released 2 years earlier. And guess what? It's considered the most successful version of MacOS by many. Why people like Snow Leopard so much? Because it's RELIABLE. People may not have such high opinion on newer versions of MacOS for various reasons, but also because some of them were notoriously buggy.

So you see, while some people do have hunger for more and more features, many simply want something reliable and don't really care about all the fancy features. I see KDE devs constantly talk about bug fixes, but with the current state of KDE, it's simply not enough. Also, I'm not saying they should completely stop working on features, but bug fixing should be their highest priority.

Comment

Working...
                    X