Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anbox Cloud 1.16 Released With Intel & AMD Vulkan GPU Support

Phoronix: Anbox Cloud 1.16 Released With Intel & AMD Vulkan GPU Support

Anbox Cloud as Canonical's solution for Android containers in the cloud is out with a shiny new feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cloud?
    No thanks!
    I want local things as I value my privacy a lot.
    Last time I wanted to try Andbox I had to give up because they offered it in Snap only format.
    So, fuck you Canonical with your bullshit!

Comment

Poor waydroid community. Press f to pay respect to original anbox

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Cloud?
        No thanks!
        Last time I wanted to try Andbox I had to give up because they offered it in Snap only format.
        World does not revolve around you. People want something that just works and not everyone cries about privacy blah blah.

Comment

Canonical hired the Anbox guy, and they did a CLOSED SOURCE Anbox for 'ze cloud' and we never see improvements in the original Anbox.

Canonical is the prime "open-core" company. Ubuntu today is just a façade to them sell closed source software.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post
            Canonical hired the Anbox guy, and they did a CLOSED SOURCE Anbox for 'ze cloud' and we never see improvements in the original Anbox.

Canonical is the prime "open-core" company. Ubuntu today is just a façade to them sell closed source software.
            What? Anbox cloud is open source. Here's the link https://github.com/anbox-cloud
            Scalable Android™ in the cloud. Anbox Cloud has 7 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

Comment

I want it to run on my local machine, not in the cloud.

Anbox has existed for years, still Ubuntu cannot run Android applications out-of-the-box.
              Android is open source and based on Linux, still running Android applications doesn't work well on Linux.

Despite Android being open source and based on Linux, it is much easier to run Android applications on Windows 11.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Anbox has existed for years, still Ubuntu cannot run Android applications out-of-the-box.
                Android is open source and based on Linux, still running Android applications doesn't work well on Linux.

Despite Android being open source and based on Linux, it is much easier to run Android applications on Windows 11.
                This is so true it hurts. It is as incomprehensible as desktop high-end video cards not supporting SR-IOV or NVidia and their driver shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Cloud?
                  No thanks!
                  I think you miss the point. The cloud use case is for testing farms, not for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I use waydroid daily, on arch not using Nvidia its literally as simple as running zen kernel and wayland, installing waydroid from aur, waydroid init (-s GAAPS) and running waydroid, waydroid even supports "native like windows" as well as a full android UI. arm translation is incredibly easy to do. vulkan supported too. yeah there are some bugs, but if that's an issue, more devs working welcome . right now 2 of the devs are busy so there is only really one active dev working on it and a couple other contributors.

EDIT: if you did want a cloud soluton, redroid is a good solution too

EDIT2: we waydroid users also dont need angle for GLES support, we can just run GLES

Comment

Working...
                    X