Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Posts Linux Graphics Driver Patches For "Cyan Skillfish"

Phoronix: AMD Posts Linux Graphics Driver Patches For "Cyan Skillfish"

AMD posted a new patch series bringing up a new graphics processor, Cyan Skillfish...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hmm.... i hope everything will be ready and perfect for their new gpu

my fingers are obviously crossed

Comment

So, this is a APU with a RDNA1 GPU?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        So, this is a APU with a RDNA1 GPU?
        Looks like it. I wonder if this is AM4 or not? If so, I think it would make a nice last APU sendoff before the new platform drops. If not, I question why it exists due to RDNA2 APU devices already on the market.

The code name sounds like a Skrillex cover "band".

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Looks like it. I wonder if this is AM4 or not? If so, I think it would make a nice last APU sendoff before the new platform drops. If not, I question why it exists due to RDNA2 APU devices already on the market.
          Which RDNA 2 APU devices are on the market currently? I'm not aware of any.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Probably taught Steam deck that has apu with RDNA2, but it's not released yet (end of year) and it might be custom made for Valve.

Comment

AFAIK only custom chips. PlayStation, Xbox, Steam Deck (low availablity december 2021 and better availability towards end of 2022).

Not only will we wait a long time for RDNA 1 APUs but I'm guessing it won't be nearly as good as the custom chips (relative to the difference between 5k and 6k series GPUs).

I would like to see Navi based UDOO Bolt. It's such an awesome platform especially for students who don't have over $1000 USD to drop on a GPU.

Comment

PS5 and Series X. Steam Deck was just announced. They're also going to be using RDNA2 APUs in Teslas.

That's two on the market with more on the way. With known RDNA2 APUs on the market and more on the way, RDNA1 APUs seem odd unless they're gonna be budget AM5 or sendoff AM4 or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

AFAIK only custom chips. PlayStation, Xbox, Steam Deck (low availablity december 2021 and better availability towards end of 2022).

Not only will we wait a long time for RDNA 1 APUs but I'm guessing it won't be nearly as good as the custom chips (relative to the difference between 5k and 6k series GPUs).

I would like to see Navi based UDOO Bolt. It's such an awesome platform especially for students who don't have over $1000 USD to drop on a GPU.
                  Custom or not, they're still on the market now in gaming devices and are coming out in the future for handhelds and infotainment centers in cars which means that they have RDNA2 APU production lines in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

PS5 and Series X. Steam Deck was just announced. They're also going to be using RDNA2 APUs in Teslas.

That's two on the market with more on the way. With known RDNA2 APUs on the market and more on the way, RDNA1 APUs seem odd unless they're gonna be budget AM5 or sendoff AM4 or something along those lines.
                    Steam Deck is not on the market yet. PS5 and Xbox are (in my opinion) quite closed devices.

AFAIK currently there is no RDNA 2 based APU for either laptop or destkop form factors. And sadly the RDNA dGPUs are also only in very few laptops.

Comment

Working...
                    X